Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Toddie wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 pm @pmg The current mileage on the 20 reg GTS is 650, so yes may not be fully run in compared to my 2017 S on 9K. The car is I hope going back to Leeds OPC next week, & is currently advertised on their website @ £72420. If anyone is looking for a demo GTS.
Yes a nicely specced vehicle. See the car has air susp but also 21 " wheels which probably harms the ride more than the more restricted GTS spring travel. (Says a man who has been enjoying his S on its 18" winter wheels and trying to remember what it will be like on its summer 20" set when restored on Tuesday)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Toddie wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:33 pm Okay sorry to hear of your issues with Leeds OPC. I own a Macan S with PASM & Air suspension reg in Dec 2017 which is Carrara white with Agate grey interior. This car went into Leeds OPC before lockdown for some rectification work & ended up being still there as we speak. I have been lent a 20 reg GTS to use over the lockdown, both cars have 21” wheels & air suspension & PASM and I would not have a Macan without either of the above suspension mods. The GTS has a much harder ride than my S and also has a considerable thirst compared to my Macan S. The above is My personal observation & is in no way an endorsement of how you have been treated. The extra power of the GTS in my opinion is not worth it it’s thirst!
That’s a big spec car they’ve lent you there and I don’t like red cars but that actually looks ok. Can’t believe they missed off adding red seat belts !

These Audi engines need miles on them before the fuel consumption settles, normally at least 10k.

Any pics of your car in and out?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this vehicle?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164222983011
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Dan1210 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:20 am Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this vehicle?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164222983011
The spec is good, looks like an Agate interior which is a bit marmite and being advertised as an auction on fleabay by a trader that looks like they’ve been operating just over a year 🤔
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wouldn’t be keen on the interior and an eBay auction wouldn’t give me a lot of confidence when spending a lot of money.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I suppose other companies operate entirely through ebay, as MikeM has determined, has registered at companies house for what he is doing (one 30+ yr old). Sounds genuine, but I would still assume buy ‘as seen’ and there will be no (real) guaranteed come back if there is a problem, needs a solid Porsche service history so they don’t disown it if you take it to them for any fix.

Looks like he is finding clean cars. You should take him up RAC checked and double check it has no outstanding debts against it; probably how he is getting them. I like a dealer with a store front but I’m old fashioned that way.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

ebay full of scams especially for big ticket items. That and the fact that he seems to be offering no warranty at all would mean it wasn't for me, but then for some bolt type it could be the way into a nice Macan on the cheap. You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
pmg

Post by pmg »

Depends on the price it goes for. Cheapest similar turbo at OPC currently £48k. To compensate for the risk, I would not be bidding above £35K.

The difference should easily finance 111 point check, rectifying possible faults and cost of two year warranty plus the likely 20 mpg or less fuel consumption

I actually prefer agate interior to black
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

@pmg I agree with you, I prefer Agate grey interior compared to black, I think black makes the interior look smaller.
Both the cars I was comparing have 21” wheels, so the harder ride on the GTS I put down to the restrictive spring rates & the 15mm lowered height.
The GTS has a very nice spec, but the one item that is missing that my S has is the 360 camera view, very useful when avoiding curbs when parking!
When I get back next week I will post up some pictures of the int & ext of the car with the spec, which I am told by the OPC was over £16k when built.
The thirst of the GTS has encouraged me to use my 986 Boxster for the economy😄
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Toddie wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:15 am @pmg I agree with you, I prefer Agate grey interior compared to black, I think black makes the interior look smaller.
Both the cars I was comparing have 21” wheels, so the harder ride on the GTS I put down to the restrictive spring rates & the 15mm lowered height.
The GTS has a very nice spec, but the one item that is missing that my S has is the 360 camera view, very useful when avoiding curbs when parking!
When I get back next week I will post up some pictures of the int & ext of the car with the spec, which I am told by the OPC was over £16k when built.
The thirst of the GTS has encouraged me to use my 986 Boxster for the economy😄
Thanks, the fact both cars are on 21 wheels and air confirms spring rates and travel affecting ride. makes me even happier I purchased S in 2019 rather than wait for facelift GTS.

Have surround view on my S and since having it on previous BMW become one of my must-haves