Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Yes thats the garage. Oh well, yes good point about calling Exeter. A collection service would be very handy, VW Plymouth did this for us on a number of occasions.

What are people’s thoughts on alcantara? I had it in my 2007 Audi A4 special edition quattro. It was on the steering wheel and gear knob although it quickly went dull in those areas. Never had it on door cards though.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I really like Alcantara. With the Macan you get it on the seats (nowhere else unless you pay extra for the headlining) with the standard 8-way ones. Warmer in winter and cooler in summer with added grip over the leather option. After 3 years mine had absolutely no signs of wear and tear.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

Dan1210 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:11 am
What are people’s thoughts on alcantara? I had it in my 2007 Audi A4 special edition quattro. It was on the steering wheel and gear knob although it quickly went dull in those areas. Never had it on door cards though.

It's difficult to clean. I had an alactantara steering wheel on GLC 63S and within a year it was dull, slippery and tatty :(
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Alcantara steering wheels are daft in a road car as they end up feeling horrible to hold...all bobbly and dirty. Leather wheel all day. Seats arent as bad and your arse doesnt slip as with leather. The ones in my lotus have stood up well over 55k miles.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I specced it on some early hit Audis but didn’t keep them long enough to see how they lasted !

Also had them on lotuses over the years and not noticed the wear.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I had an Alcantara steering wheel on my 911. Never liked as it felt slippery to grip without racing gloves. This was a brand new car so nothing to do with it collecting sweat or going bobbly, it was as good as new after the most of two years and 5000 miles. Its hard to beat a good quality leather wheel on a road car, much nicer to hold and much less likely to slip. Alcantara on the seat centres is very nice unless your a messy bugger. The wife's TT seats are perfect after 60,000 miles and five years.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Have alcantara seats in the 911 and specced a leather steering wheel. Seats are as good as new after 25k miles but very glad I didn't have the default alcantara steering wheel. As someone said it's a lot cooler than leather in this weather and a lot warmer in winter so I think it's a good option.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
pmg

Post by pmg »

alcantara

Here is a Youtube video by the Porsche world's biggest fan :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebUNgMhQV4
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Afternoon guys! Off work again so thought i would update this thread. So Macan vs Cayenne, after lots of finance quotes the equivalent cayenne loses almost £6k on the back end in comparison to the macan, this in turn makes the cayenne significantly more expensive to buy/own on a pcp. Thats a shame because i was really starting to like the idea of more space. It would be great if someone who has owned both a macan and a cayenne could comment on the difference between the two vehicles, size,drive,interior quality. Current pcps for the cayenne are coming in around £100-£150 per month more than an equivalently specced priced macan. We had a golf gti mk4 for sometime and that was a great car but the rear was a little tight, is the macan smaller bigger?
Currently im looking at this macan, what do you guys reckon, overpriced?

http://www.harperscumbria.co.uk/carsear ... ar=BF17XTN

This was one of the cayennes i was looking at (and really had my heart set on) but even with the pricing brought in line with the macan gts it was significantly more expensive on a pcp.

https://www.clivesutton.co.uk/listings/ ... yenne-gts/

Ps, what option/designates the 'Porsche' writing on the door under the pcm?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Without question there is more space inside a Cayenne but then it is a bigger car. I always thought the handling of my Cayenne was good until I drove a Macan. The interior quality is very much the same.

If you need the space then the Cayenne is the better option. If you don't then the Macan is more fun to drive and easier to manoeuvre in tight spaces.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel