Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi All,
Please let me explain my situation, first off hi guys i just signed up to vent my anger and to get peoples take on this. Before lockdown i was just about to sign the contract for a second hand macan from porsche leeds. I paid the deposit, the dealer then told me they could not deliver it due to just going into lockdown, they said the car is taken off sale and it was mine and the sale would continue as soon as possible. After a few days i was worried about dealerships possibly going under due to the pandemic so i sent an email asking for them to refund my deposit. I was told that due to all the staff being furloughed there was no way of recovering my deposit at this time. I said i was still interested and happy to leave the deposit where it was for now.
The car was removed from sale and i have been checking porsche approved used and current stock throughout this pandemic weekly, the same cars have remained over the last ten weeks.
I have checked back regularly to see if the porsche leeds dealership had reopened but the dealership had remained closed. Last week i emailed the sales manager if they could let me know when they were hoping to reopen so we could finish the sale. He did not respond for a week. Today i received this.

Good morning Daniel,

Sorry for the slow response to your email, I had to investigate the situation and with remote working and the number of staff on furlough this has taken sometime.
During the period I was working remotely I noted that the car was marked “unsold” as it did not go out due to the sudden lockdown. Subsequently I took another order on the car and have since delivered this offsite.
Please accept my sincere apologies as it appears that your interest on the vehicle has remained during this period and I understand this information will be both disappointing and not as hoped.
I will arrange for the refund of the deposit without delay, if you can kindly confirm the last 4 digits of the card the deposit was paid with and your bank details to facilitate the payment.

Again, please accept my apologies for this oversight on my behalf, albeit I hope you understand the difficulties with the unprecedented situation.

Kind regards

Mat Crowhurst
General Sales Manager
Porsche Centre Leeds
The Boulevard, City West Business Park
Leeds
LS12 6BG

I should add that, i was repeatedly told the car was off sale, the deposit was paid, i have the finance documents, i also pulled out of a brand new mercedes glc that was on a great deal to buy this macan. I have been really excited to receive this vehicle it was in a spec that i really wanted and me and the missus had pined over it daily looking forward to the time when we could take delivery. They were taking our tiguan r line as a part ex.
I am absolutely gutted as we had been so looking forward to this car and the dealership still has our deposit.
The dealer told me that it went back on sale at the beginning of may yet i have checked porsche approved used almost daily and i have never seen the vehicle back up for sale and most of the same stock remains yet he tells me they have sold hundreds of cars!

I am so angry about this and i understand the car is gone, but i cannot find another similar. We have waited patiently for ten weeks, left our money with the dealer only to be repaid with this news. Its a bitter pill to swallow, i have told friends even shown them pictures. We were so excited to finally getting the vehicle of our dreams.
How should we deal with this? The dealer hasnt offered another vehicle and all he says is we are in unprecedented times blaming the whole thing on covid.

Cheers Daniel.

thumbnail_IMG_7929.jpg

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Shocker! Inept systems it seems. I would push, via Porsche GB and the finance company for some compensation. The GSM doesn't mention if they sold it to a private individual or another OPC but that doesn't matter to you I guess. I have experienced a similar situation with a BMW some time ago. Rang the dealer and made an appointment to view the following day and it had been sold that morning. That was an Inchcape dealer, I think Leeds are JCT.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I am not a lawyer but surely if you've paid a deposit and have paperwork to that effect then I would think they're in breach of contract. Having said that as you tried to withdraw from said contract they may take that as a way out. Ultimately it would be worth seeing if you can get some compensation but really depends how far you want to go in terms of time and expense in pursuing that..

I suspect that car prices will likely head south in the next few months anyway so you might have had a lucky escape and don't forget there's always something better just around the corner.

Good luck
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3

This car has a great spec and looks the same as the one you lost at a great price.
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

An exceptionally frustrating situation. I’d not enter into any protracted discussions with the dealer - life is too short. It’d actually be tempted to be nice to the dealer (even though they don’t deserve it), prices are dropping, having a bit of goodwill owed may get you a really good deal if the right car comes into stock?
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Understand your disappointment but mistakes do happen. Think about what outcome you want. The car has gone. Could the dealer find you another one? Could you get a free service or similar out of them? I’m sure you’ll end up with a better car just it might take a while (not wanting to rub it in but they are great vehicles so hold out for another)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Thanks for the responses guys, the sales manager recently responded to me twisting the truth which has now rubbed salt in the wound. I am absolutely disgusted at how he has dealt with this. Checking the dvla the car was taxed on the first of may, he insists the car was never removed from sale despite confirmation to me from the dealer it had , and it did not appear again anywhere for sale. The salesman had to forward me high res images as I couldn’t access them.
Also seems jct600 has only just started home delivery so i am stumped at how this car was sold four weeks ago!
I understand there are other cars but something underhand has gone on here and given all the evidence I don’t know why he is lying to me.
I think it’s possibly sold to someone working within the branch.
Spec in image. Petrol S

65B16EF1-F0E9-452B-A36B-7DDFB3085E41.jpeg

Last edited by Dan1210 on Thu May 28, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Email after lockdown confirming the car was sold to me.

Hi Daniel,

The amendments were made on the day you asked them to be changed and they have also been approved with Porsche Finance.

I understand current circumstances are preventing a collection of your car at the moment. As far as we are concerned, the car is secured for you and the finance ready to be activated once we are safe to re-open the dealership to arrange a handover date.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will keep you up-to-date throughout this process.

I will respond to your emails as and when you need any assistance.

My contact number is also provided below.

Take care.

Kind Regards,
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Confirmation email stating the car was removed from sale.

Hi Daniel

I have attached the pictures as requested, sorry car was removed from sale as discussed.

If you need anything else please just ask

Regards
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

This video from jct600 went live only nine hours ago...🤷‍♂️