Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

MCDK wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:36 am You can add Porsche warranty to any used car even one you buy privately so if you see a good one that isn’t in a dealer you can still get the same peace of mind. Just need to factor in the costs but might be worth it if you find an enthusiast selling their loved and cherished Macan.
This is not a true statement as to be applicable for the Porsche warranty you need to own the car for 90 days before you can apply for the warranty. This is fine if you have more than 90 days left of the original manufacturers warranty. Also factor in around £1800 for two years warranty.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Kleynie wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:07 am
MCDK wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:36 am You can add Porsche warranty to any used car even one you buy privately so if you see a good one that isn’t in a dealer you can still get the same peace of mind. Just need to factor in the costs but might be worth it if you find an enthusiast selling their loved and cherished Macan.
This is not a true statement as to be applicable for the Porsche warranty you need to own the car for 90 days before you can apply for the warranty. This is fine if you have more than 90 days left of the original manufacturers warranty. Also factor in around £1800 for two years warranty.
And the car will need to be as per the original Porsche spec (eg N rated tyres, no hard wired accessories) to pass the 111 point check.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I felt I got more than just piece of mind buying from an OPC. I did look at similar Macans for sale at independent dealers that were cheaper but the OPC cars were better prepared, had new tyres, brakes, serviced as well as having a minimum of 2 years warranty. That adds up to a lot of cash. My car was 2 1/2 years old so ended up with 2 1/2 years warranty.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:21 am
And the car will need to be as per the original Porsche spec (eg N rated tyres, no hard wired accessories) to pass the 111 point check.
The type of owner I’m talking about will have fitted N rated tyres of course if they have got as far as needing tyres.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The seller could add the warranty for the purchaser to circumvent that issue if an agreement was reached. Or save the £1800 and self insure.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I too have purchased from the dealership for the reasons mentioned above.
However, what puzzles me is that when signing my order form, the breakdown was as follows:

Car price: £31,250
2 years Warranty: £1,440
2 years Porsche Assist: £310

Total purchase price being £33,000 over a 48 month PCP. This means i am paying for a 2 year privilege over a 4 year term. So after year 2, still paying for warranty and assist that i will no longer have...

Unless my logic is wrong?
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
jkwade

Post by jkwade »

PaulB wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 am I too have purchased from the dealership for the reasons mentioned above.
However, what puzzles me is that when signing my order form, the breakdown was as follows:

Car price: £31,250
2 years Warranty: £1,440
2 years Porsche Assist: £310

Total purchase price being £33,000 over a 48 month PCP. This means i am paying for a 2 year privilege over a 4 year term. So after year 2, still paying for warranty and assist that i will no longer have...

Unless my logic is wrong?
No you’re right, you’ll be repaying a £1750 loan on the APR that the PCP is based on as its been added to the finance agreement

I went for a lease purchase plan so I’m taking the risk on the residual, and I opted to pay for the extras at the time in cash (well credit card but you get the gist)

With regards to Approved used, I’m still in 2 minds, I bought from a non Porsche dealer, (synther) so don’t get the 2 year warranty, I did get 12 months, which they said they would use Solihull OPC which is in their group for any warranty issues.

Plus as mine is still within new car warranty, i could opt for the aftermarket Porsche warranty when this expires.

However, that then ties you into having to have it serviced at OPC, paying for the 111 point check, and forking out for the warranty.

VS a full Porsche service history, self warranting and relying on goodwill should a major issue develop.

I was predicting around 20,000m per annum which makes OPC servicing ruinous, but with the COVID my employer is now looking at making everyone they can a homeworker, so if I’ve got 2 years between services i can stomach £1200 every 24 months.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Thanks again guys this thread has proven a great resource for me looking to buy a new Porsche! The information has been great, at this rate I should become a macan expert by the time I actually own one! can I ask when did the pcm change? Should I limit my search to cars no older than 2016-17?
Cheers!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

PCM changed from deliveries in early 2016. Could be wrong but pretty sure all GTS have the new system as they were released early 2016. Worth getting one with the newer system as the old one now looks rather “old”.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes, and PCM4 has quite a few performance improvements too so I would say worth going for.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA