Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dan1210 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 am Ah ok, great thanks for that. So the gts always rides lower no matter the suspension setup...Im struggling to understand the Turbo product, it sits at the top of the range but what does it offer over the gts other than a faster engine. Who’s it aimed at? As i see it, it seems the gts has a more focused design goal.
I was asking about ride height/suspension as the turbo visually always looks like it sits a bit higher to me.
Personally i think i prefer the lower stance which leaves my options at either gts pasm/air or turbo on air.
Remember turbo pp (performance pack) has GTS suspension set up
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

This was why I previously said it’s really either GTS or Turbo PP for me as I like the stance and looks. A GTS sits and rides nicely on springs to my eyes and experience.

The “standard” Turbo is a bit of an odd ball to me and maybe aimed at the more senior owner who just wants the best and has the money to buy. Performance of a GTS is just fine for me and thus I feel the often used “sweet spot” of the range is pretty accurate. The fact the GTS comes with a lot of optional equipment helps with residuals as they are built into the cost of the car.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

First there was the turbo then there was the GTS. The original turbo was the range leader. The GTS followed Porsche tradition in being more sporty and being brought to market after the rest of the range. At facelift time, the turbo gained the 2.9L engine whereas the S stayed with the original 3L so there was a real difference.

Along comes the facelift GTS with the same engine as the turbo but a lower state of tune. It still sits 15mm lower than the rest of the range. The springs are stiffer than other models (to avoid hitting the bump stops at maximum suspension travel) which gives a firmer ride. There is also less roll when cornering (that's just my own "bum on seat" evaluation anyway).

Whilst the height difference is only 15mm, the GTS looks much lower when parked next to another model in the range.

The "top of the range" turbo might cover the 0-62mph dash 0.4 seconds faster than the GTS but away from a drag strip I doubt you'll notice the difference.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

@On-Track great post, very informative, thanks!
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hey guys, the walls seem to be closing in on vehicles and im currently drawn to this one, ultimately no air suspension but the rest looks good. Would it be a good buy at £45k?
Cheers!

https://www.slades-garage.co.uk/vehicle ... c5ee0fa18c
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

I think you need to be more patient. Cars will come up regularly. You have a spec you want so wait for it. I did this with couple of recent purchases and was much happier with the outcome, rather than just buying for the sake of it.
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

Macananon wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 pm I think you need to be more patient. Cars will come up regularly. You have a spec you want so wait for it. I did this with couple of recent purchases and was much happier with the outcome, rather than just buying for the sake of it.

Excellent advice!
rousseau eric

Post by rousseau eric »

Hi Dan1210
was the number plate YJ66GSP ??
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi plate for turbo was Lc66 vjn 13k, if you are referencing the blue macan gts at Edinburgh porsche, I don’t know it was a 2018.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hey Guys, so I managed to negotiate a fair deal on the black macan turbo at slades. Im now thinking about an extended warranty. What are people’s opinions on an extended porsche warranty vs third party?