Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi guys, back again lol! So I now have my macan but after specifically asking if there was any damage or paintwork done on my new vehicle and being told no it appears that’s not true. I have discovered a poor bumper repair and the rear right hand passenger door has been re-sprayed, also the small panel on the front left wing has had a smart repair but been polished so much the primer is showing on the edge. I’m really quite annoyed as I always ask beforehand if the car has all original paint. I’m going through the motions of rejecting the vehicle, what’s your opinion on resale value and would you accept a repaired car?
Mileage on the vehicle is only 13k but imo the bodywork has not been looked after, internally it’s immaculate.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Did you inspect the vehicle before purchase? As you know, many used vehicles will have repairs, but as long as they are done to a high standard should be acceptable. Perhaps not in this case, but if you didn’t inspect I guess it’s down to you and the dealer to reach an agreement. It’ll need someone else on here to comment on the legal position.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi Nick, no I didn’t inspect the vehicle but i did specifically ask if the car had any previous damage and if all the paintwork was original. The dealer said no damage and all original paint. I took it to a friend who owns a body shop who said the door re-spray was acceptable although you can see the distortion in the paint. The other areas will need re-painting. I bought the car in good faith from a reputable prestige car dealer in London, i live in Cornwall and we swapped vehicles halfway. When I collected the car it had some road grime on it due to the travelling, I picked up some scratches that i was happy to accept but not the damage i have found since a professional valet. I have requested a discount and if we cant reach a deal Seems i can cancel under distance selling regulations.
Im really struggling if i want to keep it but the damage has really taken the shine off it no matter how good the repair may be.
Juve

Post by Juve »

When I bought my 911, very few cars had the original paintwork. I don’t think that’s an issue anymore as long as it’s done to a high standard. Porsche will respray most 911 front ends as they stone chip very easily. In your case however, you asked if it was all original paint work and it wasn’t. If they were willing to pay for a Porsche approved repair I would be happy with that as it’s not easy finding the car you want and the paintwork will be mark free. If your not too fussed about the car then there may be a chance you can reject it. I think they will pay out though....
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Hi Dan, can you share some photos of the damage/repairs, just IMHO you’ve managed to find a late 2016 Turbo with just 13k miles, not easy to come by. I wouldn’t be to hasty in rejecting it, see if you can agree a suitable resolution first.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I think it says a lot about the dealer, if hes prepared to sell a high end car like this with obvious paint work damage/repairs, what other corners are being cut?

Even when I sell privately I make sure the car is prepared to a standard only my OCD will approve, a professional dealer should be the same.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Juve

Post by Juve »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:35 am I think it says a lot about the dealer, if hes prepared to sell a high end car like this with obvious paint work damage/repairs, what other corners are being cut?

Even when I sell privately I make sure the car is prepared to a standard only my OCD will approve, a professional dealer should be the same.
You would be surprised at the variation in standards even just between Porsche dealers! Was advised car had Rears 6mm Fronts 7mm (Porsche approved tolerance is 3mm+). When I went to collect car, did a quick finger check and thought something was wrong. Tech came round and rechecked all tyres. Rears 3.5!! Fronts 4.5!! “Oh but it’s still within tolerance” 🤣

Got new rears fitted and free alloy/tyre insurance 😃
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I wouldn’t be happy with the damage and if it annoys you now that may only get worse in your thoughts. Did they state in writing there was no damage and original paint?

Would be concerned at such low mileage it seems to have suffered damage in several different areas. Doesn’t sound like the most careful owner.

If it was me I would reject as I’m totally OCD about car condition and that even with further repairs would annoy me every time I looked at it.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

MCDK wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am I wouldn’t be happy with the damage and if it annoys you now that may only get worse in your thoughts. Did they state in writing there was no damage and original paint?

Would be concerned at such low mileage it seems to have suffered damage in several different areas. Doesn’t sound like the most careful owner.

If it was me I would reject as I’m totally OCD about car condition and that even with further repairs would annoy me every time I looked at it.
I echo your thoughts about careful ownership. I'm around Central London quite often and struggle to believe how owners of prestige vehicles allow their cars to be kept in such poor condition.

Aston's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, Bentley's with scuffed wheels on every corner and often parked under trees covered in bird muck.

I can only conclude that these belong to owners that are wealthy but have no interest in the upkeep of their very expensive assets!!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Macananon

Post by Macananon »