Absolutely livid! Porsche Leeds.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Nice car, looks like mine! I think if you wanted a Porsche backed Warranty, you would have to have the car checked over by them first at your cost and then they may sell you one. They are all insuranced based but, as a friend of mine with V8 5 series BMW found out, not all warranties are the same. His four year old car's engine ceased working. Apparently, that engine is a known heap of junk. He bought it from a Trader with 'a warranty' that covered next to nothing as it happens. Somebody will know chapter and verse.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Dan1210 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:34 pm Hey Guys, so I managed to negotiate a fair deal on the black macan turbo at slades. Im now thinking about an extended warranty. What are people’s opinions on an extended porsche warranty vs third party?
Hi Dan, in order to buy a Porsche extended warranty you have to have owned the car for I believe 60 days, then have the 111 point check done @ a Porsche centre, at your cost £220 ish, if the car passes without rectification work requiring to be done, you can purchase an extended Porsche warranty, which costs 1 year £800 warranty & £175 roadside assistance. Or 2 year is available @ £1440 warranty plus £285 roadside assistance.

Hope this helps I have no experience of other warranties, although I believe the one that Quintin Wilson approves is more expensive.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
RGS

Post by RGS »

MCDK wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:07 am This was why I previously said it’s really either GTS or Turbo PP for me as I like the stance and looks. A GTS sits and rides nicely on springs to my eyes and experience.

The “standard” Turbo is a bit of an odd ball to me and maybe aimed at the more senior owner who just wants the best and has the money to buy. Performance of a GTS is just fine for me and thus I feel the often used “sweet spot” of the range is pretty accurate. The fact the GTS comes with a lot of optional equipment helps with residuals as they are built into the cost of the car.
I think you're correct in thinking the GTS is the sweet spot. The Turbo adds around 5.5K worth of extras as standard, 18 way Sports seats, PSCB brakes, Alcantara Headlining and some smaller items, the rest of the price goes in the slightly more powerful engine set up. But if you can live without these, then the GTS offers good value for money. I can personally recommend the PSCB brakes, both for performance and almost total lack of brake dust and they are worth ticking the box if you can afford it.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

You cannot have a Porsche warranty until you’ve owned the car for 90 days, so the only option would be to ask the current owner to add the warranty, but if it’s a dealer I don’t believe it is possible to add the warranty, so you will have to wait 90 days

The Porsche warranty is the best I’ve come across and you should not be looking elsewhere.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi guys, supposed to be collecting a macan turbo soon 66 reg 13.2k miles, the dealer (independent) put the car in for the mot and major service. As the car is approaching 4 years old I thought the pdk oil change would have been done, it appears it hasnt. Does this mean im in for a hefty service bill soon?
Cheers!

BAC3CCA9-7C85-445E-B932-7C6E272175B7.jpeg

Guy

Post by Guy »

Dan1210 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 pm Hi guys, supposed to be collecting a macan turbo soon 66 reg 13.2k miles, the dealer (independent) put the car in for the mot and major service. As the car is approaching 4 years old I thought the pdk oil change would have been done, it appears it hasnt. Does this mean im in for a hefty service bill soon?
Cheers!
I'm pretty sure that the PDK service is 40k or 6 years, whichever is earlier - this is definitely the case for the SD. Not sure of cost, but probably a couple of hundred if combined with another service.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

This thread may help: viewtopic.php?t=7951
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

The service carried out is correct and can see from the Brooklands invoice that the car was first registered December 2016, so this service wasn’t actually due for another 6 months and the PDK oil change is 40k miles or 6 years. Unless you plan to rack up significantly more than 10k miles pa it will be December 2022.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Great, thanks for the replies guys, i had read that pdk oil change was 4 years or 36k whichever came sooner.
Cheers!
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Hi guys, I’ve been reading a lot about macan suspension and ride height recently, i pick my turbo up on Saturday and this has pasm but with steel suspension. Most threads I’ve read say that pasm doesn’t reduce ride height but I came across this last night and if I’m reading it correctly it contradicts popular opinion, thoughts?

It’s this comment that is confusing me,
“In the Macan Turbo with performance package and the Macan GTS, the sports suspension is also lowered by 15 mm. In addition, it is equipped with the Macan Turbo models and the Macan GTS with the Porsche Active Suspension Management”

https://www.porsche.com/middle-east/_pa ... uspension/