First Time Porsche Owner - 2017 GTS - My Porsche App Question!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stonestokie

Post by stonestokie »

Picked up my first Porsche earlier in the week, a 2017 Macan GTS, Wow!, why did it take so long :-) , I love it!!, What an amazing car. I am in the process of getting it all setup to my liking, The only area of confusion is what I can actually do with the My Porsche App.

I signed up for the 12 months of services and successfully implemented them into the PCM (v4 system) via the Code from My Porsche (cost £129). I can tell this is working as I can see online traffic, access weather etc. When I check the user name its deffo me, so I am happy with all that.

However when I launch the My Porsche app all I get is the following message - "Car Status Not Available" as per attachment.

Now the questions I have are :-

1. Should I be able to do more with the My Porsche App?, or is that correct behaviour?,.
2. Do other folks with the Gen 1 2017ish models get anything else from the My Porsche App?
3. How do I make the status become available, there is no menu on my PCM to activate remote access or anything like that,
4. Do I need to use the Vodafone Car Connect stuff to allow remote access to the car?. is that free?,
5. I have completed the sign up for the Vodafone Car Connect but I think I need to give a code to my OPC?, once done does that allow remote access?
6. Does the Vodafone car connect cost if I just want the remote access?

Any other hints and tips on how to fix would be greatly appreciated!.

Note: I also have an Audi and the My Audi App is actually really good, view status, lock doors, check all ok etc, I had just assumed it would be the same with the My Porsche App.

Thank you.

PS Amazing forum, been stalking it for a few months, really pleased to be part of it now!.

PPS Sorry for all the questions for my first new topic post!.

Andy J.

MyPorscheApp.png

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Youand me both (for two years in my case) Not worth bothering about,...............drive it
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

I got my first Porsche, a Macan Turbo, in March 2020 and have the same issues with the app.
Compared to BMW and Mercedes it's useless.
I just ignore it and spend my time enjoying a brilliant car.
Have fun!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The answers to your questions 4-6 is yes. It's the Car Connect that gives remote access and also the tracking service. It is the tracker you're paying for with the remote access thrown in. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, it's an all or nothing package (£266 per year and slightly less if you buy two years).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
stonestokie

Post by stonestokie »

All - Thanks for the responses so far, it looks like this is not that straight forward!

I will deffo enjoy the car and not let this bother me too much, the car is just too good :-)

Peter - Thank you for confirming on the Vodafone stuff.

Has anyone paid for the Vodafone Connect Services?, is it worth paying for?.

Thoughts most welcome!.

Andy J.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

It's all very confusing. I made this note from others research:

There are two similar sounding services.

Porsche Car Connect (PCC)
https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/login.do

Porsche Connect Services. (PCS)
https://www.porsche.com/uk/connect/

PCC is administered by Vodafone Automotive and comprises Remote Services, Safety Services and Security Services. The Remote Services is included “free” for the first year. Safety and Security are bundled together at £235 per year and if required will have to be paid for ab initio. If you need tracker for insurance or other purposes, then this is where you pay for it. It is the old VTS system but now built into PCM but still requiring the fob. As far as I am aware the tracker is Cat 5.

PCS is quite separate and provides inter alia access to Porsche Apps. To enable it you need to set up a Porsche ID. Once you have this ID you will get a pairing code that you enter into PCM to connect your car with the system. This system for MY 2018 cars works off an embedded sim. I think the first 2 years data is included in the cost of the car.

Are you using the web based version of My Porsche? I use it to send destinations to the sat nav. I've also used it set up speed camera alerts in the sat nav
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver