Tyre damaged..

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just for your info, I had my two fronts replaced yesterday. Same size as your photo. With Pirelli P Zero's. Got them from Kwik Fit, via their website which had a offer on, if buying two use the code on the site for another 10% off. All in was £406, incl' fitting, ballancing and disposal. I dont know if it wil happen, but my friend said to go onto the Porsche Clubs website, where there's an offer of a fuel card, if purchasing Pirelli's. So I'll wait and see.

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:45 am Just for your info, I had my two fronts replaced yesterday. Same size as your photo. With Pirelli P Zero's. Got them from Kwik Fit, via their website which had a offer on, if buying two use the code on the site for another 10% off. All in was £406, incl' fitting, ballancing and disposal. I dont know if it wil happen, but my friend said to go onto the Porsche Clubs website, where there's an offer of a fuel card, if purchasing Pirelli's. So I'll wait and see.
In order to qualify for the PCGB fuel card, you need to be a member of PCGB & buy the tyres from their approved fitting centres, and I very much doubt whether KwikFit would fall into that category.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Toddie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:43 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:45 am Just for your info, I had my two fronts replaced yesterday. Same size as your photo. With Pirelli P Zero's. Got them from Kwik Fit, via their website which had a offer on, if buying two use the code on the site for another 10% off. All in was £406, incl' fitting, ballancing and disposal. I dont know if it wil happen, but my friend said to go onto the Porsche Clubs website, where there's an offer of a fuel card, if purchasing Pirelli's. So I'll wait and see.
In order to qualify for the PCGB fuel card, you need to be a member of PCGB & buy the tyres from their approved fitting centres, and I very much doubt whether KwikFit would fall into that category.
I'm a member of PCGB. When I typed in the address of purchase, many Kwik Fit branches, showed in the address bar. An automated email message was returned informing me that the fuel card would follow in 30 days. But as you say hmmm, I'll be suprised if it happens.
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

bennachie wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:15 am No 'winter wheels'? You literally have the tyres changed on the same rims?
Not quite! I had my winters on my Spyder rims and wanted to put my summers on these rims and Winters on another set, so 8 changeovers all in!! I do have 2 sets of rims as well as tyres.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I have received the fuel card from Pirelli under that deal (couple of years ago), it does happen eventually! Be sure to keep a record of your debit, as you can't find out how much is left on it at the filling station :?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:04 pm
I'm a member of PCGB. When I typed in the address of purchase, many Kwik Fit branches, showed in the address bar. An automated email message was returned informing me that the fuel card would follow in 30 days. But as you say hmmm, I'll be suprised if it happens.
Interesting I was always told that the tyres had to be fitted by a Pirelli performance centre to qualify! Hence my comment. The fuel card I got Nov 19 is a swipe and sign card only, still haven’t found anyone prepared to take it! Talk about going backwards!
The first 2 cards I got were PIN numbers but then PCGB changed it!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Toddie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Interesting I was always told that the tyres had to be fitted by a Pirelli performance centre to qualify! Hence my comment. The fuel card I got Nov 19 is a swipe and sign card only, still haven’t found anyone prepared to take it! Talk about going backwards!
I received an email from Pirelli the other day, informing me that the Kwik Fit branch I used, was not on the list of performance centres. But they kindly went on to say that on this occasion, as a jesture of good will, they would send me a fuel card. I am now awaiting what is sent to me.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

TheTraveller wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm
I received an email from Pirelli the other day, informing me that the Kwik Fit branch I used, was not on the list of performance centres. But they kindly went on to say that on this occasion, as a jesture of good will, they would send me a fuel card. I am now awaiting what is sent to me.

Just goes to show that sometimes you get lucky, good result for you, don’t panic if it is slow arriving ,they seem to take ages. You will probably get sent a Pirelli cap as well.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Toddie wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:14 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Just goes to show that sometimes you get lucky, good result for you, don’t panic if it is slow arriving ,they seem to take ages. You will probably get sent a Pirelli cap as well.
Card duly arrived. But as others have mentioned, finding somewhere to accept it is a nightmare. So today, 20/7 I saw a friend who owns a garage, and just happened to mention it to him, and asked if he's aware of the card, and where he could suggest to use it. Straight away he got onto the phone and contacted the Mastercard help desk. The agant talked him through the procedure, to use his card reader to establish if it accepted it. He then said, he's never heard of the card, and it was a complete surprise to him. He went on to say that he would contact the people concerned at Mastercard to ensure that the business customers are made aware of the Perx card. My card went through OK, he actually gave me the £50 in cash. What a pal.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Were these the Porsche rated version? Im looking at a pair for the front and I can’t get them that cheap with 10% off. Thanks.