OPC Exeter

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Am going through the motions now of purchasing my new to me Macan S; just under three years old with 27k miles.

Of course this may change but wanted to feedback on how professional I’m finding them and their customer service (apart from being a bit lax in keeping me up to date that is).

Having read a few OPC horror stories, here’s a few balancing items. Firstly full tank of petrol to drive away with, of course ✔️ Then confusion over whether the car comes just the roof rails, or roof rails and bars. Point out to them the original car spec says roof rails with transport system, that’s fine, you will get a a new set of bars ✔️ Open up on a Saturday when still officially closed so can test drive, yes of course ✔️ Put trade plates on and send me off solo on their insurance for as long as I want ✔️ Offer at cost(ish) a Gtechniq detail and treatment by the Gtechniq local region dealer company, not them ✔️ etc. etc. Be open to talking a deal, even if not a massive one, of course ✔️

Have bought from enough dealers to know how things work and they do need their margin of course. Treating the customer right is not always the norm. Am pleased with OPC Exeter up to now. Fair do’s to them.

Will update this as we head towards collection...

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Sounds like a good experience and really makes the buying process so much nicer.

Tell us more about colour and spec of the new incoming arrival.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Exeter has always treated me fairly.
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Ok here goes from the Dealer spec sheet;

Macan S in night blue metallic...

• 18-inch collapsible spare wheel
• 20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels
• Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
• BOSE® Surround Sound System
• Driver memory package
• Monochrome black exterior package (high-gloss)
• Panoramic roof system
• Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
• Roof rails in aluminium with black finish including roof transport
system
• Seat heating (front)
• Smoking package
• Sport Chrono Package
• Towbar system with electrically deployable towball
Porsche Connect Plus
Black leather interior

I wanted a car with minimum tow ball, PASM and panoramic roof in night blue which explains why I went to Exeter from Cambridgeshire! The Sports Chrono will be a fun extra. Amazed at how many different options Porsche come with. Electric memory drivers seat but no steering wheel as part of it🤪 wt?

Might get another in time, with a few more bits addded. The deal includes the rear bumper protector film, and Luggage compartment liner with variable organiser system - will be doing a fair amount of towing and carrying..
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

gasgas1 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm Exeter has always treated me fairly.
that’s good to hear, thanks for posting.
Dan1210

Post by Dan1210 »

Interesting! I will be using Exeter when I finally get my Turbo (independent garage sale) when I first saw this I thought you were referring to the sapphire blue one which they have had since before lockdown. Did this one just come In? Good to hear they have great customer service as my dealings with Leeds was the worst service I have ever received from a dealership.
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Car came in towards the end of lockdown. One owner trade in originally sold by Exeter so not up on website much at all.