Macan transfer box

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Common issue unfortunately - had mine done my SD earlier this year after 30k miles.... feels so much better to drive compared to before....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I to am aware of transfer box issues and aware of a potential fix although my macaw s diesel is not showing any signs and hopefully will not but wondered at what Vin number or date cars were fitted with the upgraded transfer box. Mine was registered October 2017 2018MY, Might just give me some slight peace of mind, fingers crossed.
FSB

Post by FSB »

If you go to the website: rennlist.com, there is a thread under 'Updated transfer case' with some information on this.

Apparently, the updated transfer cases were installed from 5 March 2018 onwards

Porsche bulletin:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/ ... 1-9999.pdf
Nige

2016: Boxster 981 GTS in GT Silver
2020: Macan GTS in Crayon
On order: GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PR9P7VG9
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My SD is a 2017 build and the Transfer Box was replaced at only 15k miles. As it was done in October 2019, 'I assume' it is the new type of box, but I have or sought no evidence of this, so if buying 2nd hand, it is certainly something worthy of investigation?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Jefft7

Post by Jefft7 »

For those experiencing small hiccups around 2k rpm but no clunking noises or vibrations. This does not mean your transfer case is broken. I had small hiccups around 2k rpm but never had ant vibrations or clunking noises. Got the transfer case fluid changed and the hiccups were gone.

Smooth as butter again
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jefft7 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:50 am For those experiencing small hiccups around 2k rpm but no clunking noises or vibrations. This does not mean your transfer case is broken. I had small hiccups around 2k rpm but never had ant vibrations or clunking noises. Got the transfer case fluid changed and the hiccups were gone.

Smooth as butter again
Good to hear that. Hope there is no lasting damage done that will become evident later. Do keep us posted.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Mine has also been diagnosed as a transfer box issue so parts have been ordered by OPC and it is booked in for replacement next month. Technician and service advisor recognised the issue driving forwards whereas I had noticed it predominantly reversing with almost full lock. Interestingly they cautiously let slip that that Porsche is on the '4th Version' of the transfer box replacement! Hope they have got it right finally!!
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

I just took my Macan S (2016) to the Porsche dealer for an MOT last week.
In the notes they had, "suspect Transfer Box fault".

I asked as it was still under extended guarantee (for another 2 weeks :) ) could they fix it ...
They looked a little bit like "Gotcha" but replied ... yes we'll book it in.

I'm so please I took it to them for an MOT, It was only £50ish and I got it washed.

Result! Perhaps I'll renew the warranty for another 3 years.

Still loving it after 8 years and 60k miles.
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery