Worth changing an SD for a Turbo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

pmg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:18 pm You would be lucky to get £25k for the 2014 SD, maybe lower depending on spec. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous, m.p.g.wise of course. I think my next steer will have an M in front of it and a V8 just behind that.
MGB V8 then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good call but as they cost between £20k for a runner and £40k for a good 'un and are a tight fit for me, my 'M' will be from Bavaria not the Midlands.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Interesting vid. The 'redesigned' BV8, where they smoked a load of weed and re-bodied it (badly)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Thanks everyone for your comments, that's helpful.

given the cost is likely to exceed £20k, i think i'll definitely need to test drive both turbo and GTS and determine whether the uplift or change in driving experience is worth the extra cost.

Cheers!
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

I have sort of similar dilemma. My SD has been great since new but for this reason I’m finding it hard to replace. A GTS or turbo is on my list and it’s about £15k for me to change, again second hand, but possibly more as I know I would be spec driven as I’ve been driving a Macan for 4 years now so would want a few options. I do more like 12000 miles but this is up in the air with current situation, it could be far less than this going forward, so fuel, although a factor isn’t going to actually cost me that much each month. So I’m thinking of something totally different with an M4 on my to try list.