Water dripping from roof switches

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

:shock:

Extremely disappointed this morning as I went around a roundabout just after leaving home, to have water fall from the switches in the roof and onto the centre console switches!!

Did a quick search and whilst there is reference to issues with sunroof ducts, etc, these seem to apply to water ingress at the A pillar.

Anyone had the issue I’ve experienced this morning please?

Car has covered 2,200 miles. It did rain last night and we have a pano roof/sunroof.

Attempted to make it reoccur at another roundabout, but nothing. So seems to have all come out; but there should be none!!

Any help appreciated before I contact OPC.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Mmm, not good. The front drain holes in the pano roof are pretty easy to access so I woud start by opening the roof and looking to see if water is running away. It could also be the main seal.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Out of interest, have you recently opened the sunroof when there has been standing water on the roof and then later closed it, it could be that water became trapped inside the sunroof/car and then poured out later in the day or following morning

Just trying to rule out all possibilities
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Thank both.

Raining currently, so will do checks in the morning.

Have recently opened roof, but sure it was dry.

Not sure how even standing water next to the wind defender would track into the switch location; but will take a closer look.

Not impressed given move from an Evoque following numerous issues. I know all cars have issues, but wouldn’t expect this (plus needing to re-torque the sub-frame due to creaking) from Porsche and so early in ownership.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

I had the same problem - only once. Torrential rain in the Lake District with the car parked outside a hotel overnight. Water dripped out of the switches on the roof for about 20 seconds. Had a tow bar fitted about 12 months later and the fitter pointed out that there was water ingress around a fuse box in the drivers side compartment in the boot. Front pano roof drains whistle clean. Porsche dealer said that in severe conditions the drain channels become overwhelmed. They made "warranty modifications" including adding black mastic to the sliding roof channels which in the hot weather in May melted onto the wind deflector fabric. Similarly disappointed as you were. No more leaks however so far.