Miami blue and colour choice

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Sapphire Blue is the one I have in my spec, but I am toying with Carmine. However, at £1K extra I'm not sure whether I love it enough.

Ordinarily I am anti-red cars but Carmine looks so good on the GTS.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

DougL

Post by DougL »

Dolomite is a great colour, especially when twinned with garnet inside. Sapphire is one of the best though!
DougL

Post by DougL »

My colour choice would probably be the following order... Sapphire, White, Mamba, Dolomite, Carmine. Like you I'd avoid the dull colours.
RGS

Post by RGS »

Crayon looks great on my son's Cayman GTS, but on a Macan which has a larger painted area, it can look very bland. Mine is Sapphire and it draws a lot of favourable comments. I could have had Carmine but in my early years of car ownership red was always the colour that bleached in sunlight, although I expect that is no longer the case and Carmine looks good and polishes up well. After years of black and various shades of grey I opted for a bright colour and it is over 30 years since I had blue and I'm enjoying it and have no regrets. Black shows any paint defect more than any colour and is the hardest to keep clean. Silver is a good colour and a Macan wears it well but it's difficult to match if a paint job is required. Greens tend to fall out of fashion very quickly and some people think it's an unlucky colour if you're superstitious and white is yesterdays fashion. So it's very much a personal choice what you decide, but personally I'm glad to break away from boring greys at last.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I can’t think I’ve barely seen a silver one bit like it

I’ve seen a couple of Miami’s and I don’t think it suits a Macan but looks great on a sports car
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:09 am Totally subjective I know but what’s the views on Miami Blue? Don’t think I have ever seen one pictured on here as an owners car

Deciding whether to change my 2016 Sapphire GTS and toying over colours. Won’t do black or dark colours so that’s also grey and Night blue out. Not Mamba either. Had plenty of white cars and think their day has maybe gone so leaves
Miami blue
Carmine Red
Crayon
Silver
Sapphire

Still love Sapphire and any other choice may feel like second best. Kinda tempted by Miami but may be a step too far and not great for resale, also the extra costs isn’t welcome. Never had a red car and in the past thought Carmine was a bit dull but may be in consideration. Crayon nice but maybe a bit dull and flat

Silver I would like to see in the flesh, can look good but also a bit bland maybe as I like it to be pretty bright and striking.

Pointless post I know sorry :D
Are you sure? Something a bit more low slung :P :P In fact, taycan 4S?
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Would love a Taycan Si but the £100k price tag is a non starter. So much so that I haven’t even asked to run any figures as I imagine the monthly is scary. If anyone has a Taycan quote feel free to PM for interest.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My choice would be Carmine on a GTS with Sapphire a close second. Both would get looked at but not with the open mouth effect some of the more outlandish hues would
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am Would love a Taycan Si but the £100k price tag is a non starter. So much so that I haven’t even asked to run any figures as I imagine the monthly is scary. If anyone has a Taycan quote feel free to PM for interest.
There is one up my street, in white - the SA I know and use moved near us last year. Trying to get a spin in one.

It’s taken me 3 years, but I now really like Carmine. The Miami blue isn’t very good paint I have read, lots of issues with fading, etc. Obs I love crayon - I think it suits black pack of the GTS.

Good choice to have - the bug has truly bitten.

Also I am hitting the north coast later in the week, keep your eyes peeled 8-) 8-)
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Are you heading up in the 911 Si?

I am also coming round to Carmine to some degree. Can look a bit flat and dull but a lot better than the duller colours. Have never had a red car, did consider red for my wife’s M135i but ended up selecting Blue so perhaps there is a message there.