2019 Macan turbo 2.9 TT V6

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Hi, so after selling my high spec 2017 Macan turbo with air susp, 21” wheels, sport chrono, PSE, pan roof etc, I’m considered another.. this time a gen 2 vehicle..

It’s a 2019 black turbo 2.9. Black exh, black int and 20” turbo wheels. It’s for sale in Audi and has 11k miles.

Obv the new car has 40hp more but it weighs 40kg more as well? The car doesn’t have air susp but does have smaller wheels so maybe it would ride as well or better than 21” gen 1 car on air? My prev car did feel quite floaty on air, do steel springs offer better compliance?

How does the new engine compare to the old 3.6 TT? Does the gen 2 have any new parts other than engine, infotainment, rear light strip and brakes?

Am89

Post by Am89 »

Also how does the new car drive compared to the old one? Is it worth another 12-14k?
pmg

Post by pmg »

Am89 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:56 pm Hi, so after selling my high spec 2017 Macan turbo with air susp, 21” wheels, sport chrono, PSE, pan roof etc, I’m considered another.. this time a gen 2 vehicle..

It’s a 2019 black turbo 2.9. Black exh, black int and 20” turbo wheels. It’s for sale in Audi and has 11k miles.

Obv the new car has 40hp more but it weighs 40kg more as well? The car doesn’t have air susp but does have smaller wheels so maybe it would ride as well or better than 21” gen 1 car on air? My prev car did feel quite floaty on air, do steel springs offer better compliance?
Air v just PASM is very much a matter of personal taste. IF you felt air floaty then you may well prefer just PASM

How does the new engine compare to the old 3.6 TT? Does the gen 2 have any new parts other than engine, infotainment, rear light strip and brakes?

Quieter, mpg way better possibly up to 5 mpg, Infotainment and screen a step forward especially voice control
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
oad

Post by oad »

I guess it is personal but I have AS and certainly do not find it floaty compared to my previous Macan SD
Macan 2019 Turbo
SOLD Macan 2014 SD
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I seem to recall that as part of the facelift there were modifications to the front suspension to improve steering feel and response. Quote below from an Autocar review of the facelift.

Porsche says the Macan’s driving dynamics have been further improved with the facelifted model, suggesting that fine-tuning of the chassis has brought “enhanced neutrality while maintaining stability and improving comfort”.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
johnnybrecks

Post by johnnybrecks »

Hi Looking at the 2020 Turbo, not driven one, so how good is economy on out of town driving and does the Infotainment system work well?.
Coming from BMW the info system is great, thanks agian.
pmg

Post by pmg »

johnnybrecks wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:20 pm Hi Looking at the 2020 Turbo, not driven one, so how good is economy on out of town driving and does the Infotainment system work well?.
Coming from BMW the info system is great, thanks again.
The economy is about 5 mpg better than Gen1 turbo. All the GEN2 cars, S, GTS and Turbo show similar mpg. on out of town driving you should expect 23 to 30 depending on how long the run, traffic and how heavy a right foot.

I switched from BMW ( MY 2014) and on the Gen 2 Macan find at least as good as that Gen BMW system and the voice control better then the BMW I had (2014). What Car have just done their annual infotainment comparison and rate the current Porcshe system 3rd better than Audi b put behind BMW by a narrow margin.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/least-dist ... ems/n21272
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

On the subject of infotainment BMW (2019 i3S) vs Porsche (2020 Macan S):
- Radio. The standard BMW beats the standard Porsche for sound quality hands down. The Porsche is particularly poor (more on this in a future report). Changing the radio station is awkward with both.
- Phones. Neither has Android Auto. Haven't bothered with anything else
- Nav. The Porsche is miles better than the BMW in every respect - entering destinations, responsiveness, quality of navigation, graphics quality.
- Buttons. The Porsche has buttons for major areas as does the BMW.
- I don't use voice recognition so can't comment
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SmallWheels wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 pm
- I don't use voice recognition so can't comment
I did not get on with voice recognition in my SD or other makes, but the Gen2 one in the GTS works really well. Give it a try.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
RGS

Post by RGS »

Car Wow have just posted a test on the 2020 Macan Turbo and registered 4.1 secs 0-62mph. There are a lot of advantages over the gen 1 Turbo, including the latest infotainment system the car comes with the latest emissions standard which might be important when City's start banning vehicles on emission grounds. The engine is shared with the Panamera and Cayenne and is very responsive, also the the surface coated (PSCB) brakes are standard which not only give better life span and superior braking, best of all virtually eliminate brake dust.