The Random Chit-chat Thread

The place to discuss everything else..
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 5324
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Paul » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Dandock wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 pm
What's the best way of removing seriously sun-baked pine sap - bearing in mind that I have a GTecniq protective coating?

White spirit on a cotton bud - gently dissolve it. (Or phone the detailer for his wisdom)
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


User avatar
Dandock
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Dandock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Paul wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm
Dandock wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 pm
What's the best way of removing seriously sun-baked pine sap - bearing in mind that I have a GTecniq protective coating?

White spirit on a cotton bud - gently dissolve it. (Or phone the detailer for his wisdom)

Thanks Paul. M
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀


User avatar
Pete
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 pm
Location: Wokingham

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Pete » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 am

Last night I had an episode of doubt where I almost regretted spending quite so much of a car when I could have bought something cheaper (or stuck with the Evoque).

And then, this morning I drove the short, gently curving, country lane toward work and those doubts got swept away.

I also almost forgave PCM3 for being a bit crap.


Retired
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Retired » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 am

goron59 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm

.... but spotted there's now an RS3 Saloon. Wife prefers a boot to a hatchback and I do like the 5-pot. I'm afraid to test drive it only to find it's still hugely disappointing dynamically.
Reviews suggest that it's better than previous incarnations. Hope so as I'm quite interested in getting one (hatchback in my case).

Will test drive one as soon as available.
Sold: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGRBJHQ6

Sold: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHB7WXY7

Current: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJSMYC2


User avatar
happy days
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Location: Warrenpoint, N Ireland

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by happy days » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:00 pm

They blew up a 911 at the end of Riviera!
Macan S D
718 S


User avatar
Col Lamb
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Col Lamb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

I have been EVed, see my post on EV/hybrid test drives.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


User avatar
bigbaldybloke
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by bigbaldybloke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Invited to the PEC at Silvertone today with my wife to try The Macan, Cayenne and Panamera. About 20 or so people there split into 4 groups, 6 in our group. We chose the afternoon session as we had to drive there from Lincolnshire and didn't fancy a very early start or an overnight stay. We each had a car and instructor for the first session. I had a Cayenne S for a series of laps on the track, getting tips from my instructor and gradually building up speed, passed most cars on the track, I was encourage to really push the car. Next was a Macan Turbo on the skid pan, with the electronics fully on you could drive over the kicker plate with your hands off the wheel and it would correct itself remarkably quickly, you really struggled to make it spin. Even with the electronics fully off you really had to do something silly to spin it- honest - I tried quite hard! Then a few fast laps in the Macan Turbo. I hadn't driven this version before and was surprised how much extra grunt it has compared with my S version, passed everything on the track! After a tea break, the instructors took us on the Offroad track using petrol Cayenne S's, very impressive, pity we couldn't try driving it ourselves. Then it was trying a Macan up the skid hill and purposely provoking it into a skid, managed to leave the top of the hill completely broadside! Next it was swop to the Panamera for some fast laps round the track. The inside of the car and especially the dashboard was very impressive, but the car as a whole left me cold, too clinical for me, certainly would pick a Macan Turbo PP over a Panamera if I was going to spend that much money. Last session was a classroom one and fitness centre visit before having afternoon tea and hitting the road back to Lincolnshire. A good journey on the courtesy Cayenne S before I hopefully get my Macan back tomorrow after they have fitted the new PCM to cure my display problems, if it's not cured this time it's being rejected as they have previously replaced the wiring harness, then the drivers display unit and now the PCM.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun


User avatar
Col Lamb
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Col Lamb » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 am
Last night I had an episode of doubt where I almost regretted spending quite so much of a car when I could have bought something cheaper (or stuck with the Evoque).

And then, this morning I drove the short, gently curving, country lane toward work and those doubts got swept away.

I also almost forgave PCM3 for being a bit crap.
That is a pretty universal feeling.

Just wait until the withdrawl symptoms start after you have not driven the Macan for a couple of days.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


User avatar
Dandock
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Dandock » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Milan Has Officially Banned Selfie Sticks - source Conde Nast.

Some good news then! 😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀


User avatar
Col Lamb
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: The Random Chit-chat Thread

Post by Col Lamb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

bigbaldybloke wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm
Invited to the PEC at Silvertone today with my wife to try The Macan, Cayenne and Panamera. About 20 or so people there split into 4 groups, 6 in our group. We chose the afternoon session as we had to drive there from Lincolnshire and didn't fancy a very early start or an overnight stay. We each had a car and instructor for the first session. I had a Cayenne S for a series of laps on the track, getting tips from my instructor and gradually building up speed, passed most cars on the track, I was encourage to really push the car. Next was a Macan Turbo on the skid pan, with the electronics fully on you could drive over the kicker plate with your hands off the wheel and it would correct itself remarkably quickly, you really struggled to make it spin. Even with the electronics fully off you really had to do something silly to spin it- honest - I tried quite hard! Then a few fast laps in the Macan Turbo. I hadn't driven this version before and was surprised how much extra grunt it has compared with my S version, passed everything on the track! After a tea break, the instructors took us on the Offroad track using petrol Cayenne S's, very impressive, pity we couldn't try driving it ourselves. Then it was trying a Macan up the skid hill and purposely provoking it into a skid, managed to leave the top of the hill completely broadside! Next it was swop to the Panamera for some fast laps round the track. The inside of the car and especially the dashboard was very impressive, but the car as a whole left me cold, too clinical for me, certainly would pick a Macan Turbo PP over a Panamera if I was going to spend that much money. Last session was a classroom one and fitness centre visit before having afternoon tea and hitting the road back to Lincolnshire. A good journey on the courtesy Cayenne S before I hopefully get my Macan back tomorrow after they have fitted the new PCM to cure my display problems, if it's not cured this time it's being rejected as they have previously replaced the wiring harness, then the drivers display unit and now the PCM.
Interesting write up Frank.

Similar to my own range day yet different.

If you liked the Turbo then the Turbo PP is in a different league again as it is the PP that I drove on the handling circuits.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, heated seats and steering, PS+, SC, plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo


Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest