Velar test drive

The place to discuss everything else..
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Pete wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:44 pm Meridian sound system probably sounds better than the Burmeister, I'll give it that.

Not sure I agree with that!

I had the upgraded Meridian system in an Evoque and the whole door trims used to vibrate more than the speaker and ruin the sound quality.

I've got Bose in the Macan and its in a different league... maybe more to do with build quality of the vehicle than the sound system itself.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Mine was ok. I had my volume up pretty high a few times and didn't get any vibrations apart from the sub doing it's thing.

But you're probably younger than I am and can cope with a lot more volume...
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

it was probably bass rather than volume that caused it Pete... I should have complained and got it sorted but never really got round to it!
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

goron59 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:39 pm
Macandriver wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:08 am I've seen a Velar that was on display in the area where I work. I was a nice looking car and the tech works with Android, which is a plus, but I'm not convinced that a Velar is worth more than a Macan. It also has HUD, and having used HUD on hire cars recently I would want it on my next car, along with Android connectivity.
The new XC Volvos do CarPlay and Android Auto. And have HUDs. If that's not too scary a thought :-)
Not scary at all. Our old car is a Volvo and we were/are happy with it. That being the case Volvo was the first place we went to when looking for a new car and the only reason we looked at Porsche was because the XC90 we test drove was terribly underpowered for it's size and only available in diesel at release, and that led to us looking further afield (glad we did though - love the Macan). We had planned on replacing our Volvo with the Macan and having one car only, but ended up keeping the Volvo as a second car. Now we're used to having a second car we may well replace the old Volvo with an XC40 at a later date.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Had a test drive of the Velar last week. It looked very ordinary unless it had a host of extras, the nearly 3k R-dynamic package is essential for the looks, but seems to be just bits of fancy trim including fake bonnet airvents. The only real plus point was if one really likes huge touch screens. I priced one up back in April on the configurator, after seeing an totally ridiculous article in the daily express, that I commented on as Dave Rioja
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/car ... s-pictures
It seems RR are trying to outdo Porsche in the individual customisation deal. They I have also adopted something I hate, which is every time you try to specify something particular, suspension, HSE spec etc. you have to either upgrade the engine size or buy a package.
I eventually compared two virtually similar specified Macan/Velar. The Land Rover was nearly 10k more expensive . The Final straw for me making my decision, was that my golf partner worked as a driver at a local Land Rover dealer, and said he was continually ferrying cars back and forwards with repeated electronic faults and suspension faults!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Pete

Post by Pete »

ch.PNG

https://twitter.com/harrismonkey/status ... 9149526016

I guess he might have the Macan in that list somewhere, but at least it's below the Velar....
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

The What Car review is not very flattering. In fact it has put me off buying a Velar - which helps. Hey - ho back to the Porsche confuserator 8-)

https://www.whatcar.com/land-rover/rang ... -the-road/
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Just saw one outside.

There's an unfinished look about its flanks and its arse is almost grumpy cat.
The lower bit at the back especially looks odd, but at at least it's avoided the stacked look that inflicts Q5+7/Panamera/etc.

Being kind, I'd say distinctive. Not quite my cup of tea, but not hideous.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Interior looks very nice but externally looks too big for me and the price seems optimistic given the engine choices. Would love to support British industry but suspect the Velar is not for me.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
happy days

Post by happy days »

The phrase 'Lard Arse' springs to mind...
Macan S D
718 S