The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I could almost run an electric car for free - charge it mainly at work.

Does it interest me .......... No. :D
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

ScotMac you honestly should drive a Tesla - its a stunning drive, honestly! once you set the re-gen to max simulate engine braking, it really does drive very well.
You have to be a bit braver to buy one but life is too short not to experience the pull of watts
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

rossman999 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 pm ScotMac you honestly should drive a Tesla - its a stunning drive, honestly! once you set the re-gen to max simulate engine braking, it really does drive very well.
You have to be a bit braver to buy one but life is too short not to experience the pull of watts
Yeah I did that test and just bought one! The Tesla power train is stunningly effective, no clutch, no gearbox - just instant torque on demand and a LOT of it too. I was worried it might be an on/off switch, but the throttle map is excellent too, very smooth and progressive. All cars should have a power train like this. It makes current ICEs seem like the last century tech that they are. It was a real eye-opener for me and as a long term petrol-head I was very sceptical to start with.
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

I drove one and was impressed, but the quality and fit of the materials and the uncertain residuals made me blink.
I was also looking at a new 991 C4S but I decided to play say and just go for a Diesel Macan - we all know how safe a diesel purchase is just now :-) Save the polar bears :-)

I have put in an expression of interest in the missionE and it will be interesting to see how this turns out :-)
Tesla 3LR
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

rossman999 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:20 pm I drove one and was impressed, but the quality and fit of the materials and the uncertain residuals made me blink.
I was also looking at a new 991 C4S but I decided to play say and just go for a Diesel Macan - we all know how safe a diesel purchase is just now :-) Save the polar bears :-)

I have put in an expression of interest in the missionE and it will be interesting to see how this turns out :-)
I agree with your worries, but quality has improved enough for me to give it a shot and residuals don't matter on a PCP with a generous GFMV built-in. That and 1.5% APR finance finally swayed me. I certainly would have thought twice had I needed to rely on market residuals, but the Tesla finance looks good to me. I'm sure it's sold them a lot of cars since they introduced it.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

rossman999 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 pm ScotMac you honestly should drive a Tesla - its a stunning drive, honestly! once you set the re-gen to max simulate engine braking, it really does drive very well.
I will add it to my "to do" list :D

I have heard they are great to drive.
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

Tesla 3LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

rossman999 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm If your interested:

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/events/tot? ... RjcFJ1UCJ9
Many thanks for the link.

I have just signed up for one of the sessions on the 26th in Lytham.

They know where to choose, Lytham is the senior citizen capital centre of the North West.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

Enjoy - They really are stunning, just make sure you turn up the re-gen.
Tesla 3LR