Dammit, I've got the 911 bug too!

The place to discuss everything else..
VanB

Post by VanB »

WingCo you are obsessed with red (have to admit it looks good in Carmine) but also looks great in white and GT Silver with the black contrast. I agree that £2391 needs to be spent to get the leather dash but I'm not convinced it's worth it so am off to the OPC on Saturday to see if I can compare interiors.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Gosh! just seen this thread, congratulations and a good decision I would say. I wondered why you had been talking to Phil W at DL's!!!

Now this leaves a bit of a quandary for next September -- for you!!

D
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ferdie wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:38 pm Gosh! just seen this thread, congratulations and a good decision I would say. I wondered why you had been talking to Phil W at DL's!!!

Now this leaves a bit of a quandary for next September -- for you!!

D
...already had a quick chat Dennis.....no contest....it’ll be the 911.....all we need us a “volunteer” to carry the excess baggage.....and wine😂😂 ....can’t think of anyone off-hand.....who might have an emptyish SD........😉😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Ok just to clear a few things up:

VanB, Nick - No leather dash on standard interior - the plastic dash was absolutely fine in mine and the standard alcantara seats were also perfectly fine - 4.5k for the GTS interior pack with the associated red/white stitching just felt like too much to spend on seats. Hence made the decision to stick with standard 4 way seats.

PDK gearbox in my opinion is probably one of the best if not 'the' best auto box on the market. 90% of 911s are specced with the PDK. Manual 911s have much poorer resale potential and values. As Virage points out reserve the manual box for one of the GT cars although if I get a chance to own a GT3 I will be speccing it with PDK.

I love the glass sunroof and in terms of aesthetics it really makes the car look stunning with the two tone look. I've had it on both my previous GTSs and would definitely spec again. Nick, Van B - I have owned both your colours and they are both stunning on the GTS.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Thanks for that Arif. Just back from OPC evening. Chat with Mike Gascoyne, F1 engineer and designer and Dino Zamparelli, runner-up in the Carrera Cup this year. Very interesting and enjoyable. The champagne and canapés were good too!

Yes, looked at a sample of the standard leatherette dash material. It looked very good as a sample at least. Would think it looks fine on the dash. I would like to see it in a car though.

Echo your views on the ‘box, roof and colours. White is the front runner for us at the moment.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great stuff Nick and VanB. Congrats and look forward to seeing your final specs.

As stressful as this bit is I certainly find it enjoyable too and very satisfying at the end.
Whatever you guys pick will be stunning I am sure 👍

Interesting statistic on the PDK / Manual box from Arif.
I love a manual box but as an everyday car it would have to be PDK for me. If I used it at weekends then the manual box would definitely be an option and then my decision will take a lot longer to make.
GTS 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

Echo thanks to Arif although will pop into OPC to see if they have the standard dash on any cars as most non GTS cars will be specced with leather.

PDK is a no-brainer for a daily drive especially as my short commute is always in nose to tail stop start traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I realise now where the confusion arose over leather versus plastic. The GTS's and GT's are the only 911s with 'leatherette' dash etc. All the other variants have leather as standard. Doh!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

GTS still represents good value and a great 911 variant, Nick! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’ll second that - the best daily driver in the range if you also want the sportier edge. GT3 probably too hardcore as a DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk