Anyone moved from a Macan to Panamera ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:57 am I had the v8 diesel for a few days once.

Loved it.
+1. Had one on loan for a weekend. What an engine! Putting your foot down felt like the Enterprise going into warp speed! :o
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

pingman777

Post by pingman777 »

Thanks everyone for your replies. and Wing Commander, I also looked at the technical specs. The Pana is 1.4cm wider and 35cm longer. My Macan has 21 boots on it and at first I thought it would be an issue but after 4yrs with it , I am used to it. I guess the length will only be an issue with tight parking and those horrible multi story car parks

so I got to test drive a Hybrid yesterday . I was only allowed out for 20 minutes so felt timed pressurised. Felt good but not really enough time to test the car out. The garage does have a second hand 4S which I will try next week . In the past , I have been allowed out longer for a test drive. Is Covid the reason why we can only go out for 20 minutes. I will check with the garage as I not sure I can make a decision after 20 mins
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I certainly wouldn’t accept a short 20 min drive when looking at such an expensive car. If unaccompanied you aren’t even taking up their time! I would tell them I will be back when I have had enough time to make my decision and if they aren’t happy with that I would say thanks and leave and go elsewhere. You may find their policy changes very quickly at that stage.
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Deffo ask for longer. When my Macan was in for a Porsche campaign, I mentioned that I was considering a Panamera and guess what I got as a courtesy car for two whole days. Loved it ( E-hybrid version ) and its definitely got an itch burning to buy one.
Just can’t bring myself to advertise my GTS though as I still love it too.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
penport

Post by penport »

<<I guess the length will only be an issue with tight parking and those horrible multi story car parks>>

I moved from an A7 (same chassis as the Panamera) and can attest to this.
The Macan is significantly easier to park and manoeuvre.
Both rear wheels of the A7 got kerbed in multi-stories :oops:
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]
pingman777

Post by pingman777 »

@scottchp . interesting . what garage was that ?. 2 days would be amazing