Taycan availability!

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

This ^ and the £100k+ price tag makes it a non-starter for me as a potential Tesla replacement.

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

I get my turbo S in a few weeks. It rolls off the production line on Friday. Managed to swerve the potential 10% no deal Brexit tariff increase if it does end up coming early January. Long story!!
Still have my Litchfield tuned 911 to keep my ICE fix satisfied.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

1 hour plus, to put the equivalent of 1/2 tank of fuel in? People aren't going to flock to these based on those figures? We have 9 years for the car industry to get on top of this, before I will consider making the move.

Like the Northern or Jubilee Line sound track comment! :-)
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Deleted User 1874

nsm3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:12 am 1 hour plus, to put the equivalent of 1/2 tank of fuel in? People aren't going to flock to these based on those figures? We have 9 years for the car industry to get on top of this, before I will consider making the move.

Like the Northern or Jubilee Line sound track comment! :-)
It's not quite as simple as that. In reality it all depends on your daily mileage and ability to re-charge overnight.

For those who can live with whatever range the Taycan actually has on a daily basis and can charge it back up while they sleep will not have any issue with waiting around at charging stations.

But I agree regular long haul drivers would find roadside charging a massive pain. Tesla already solved this issue with their own supercharger network, so the rest of the industry just needs to get on with it. Whether or not they are really motivated to do that is highly debatable.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Agreed.

I had two Leafs on the bounce which I primarily used to take the dog out at the weekend and various other places with in range that might not have wanted to take the petrol cars too eg train stations and airports

Never used a public charging point in all the time I had one over 5 years and never got caught short.

I do appreciate though that for those making the leap as a main car that will be somewhat different
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^.^Looks like you have not got a BEV in your fleet now - why?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

My journey in electric started when I got wind of a PCP deal on a brand new £30k Leaf for £150/mth having put down £500 deposit.

I was running a RS4 and the Mrs Boxster at the time so in saved fuel costs it would pay for itself before the other benefits of keeping the main cars in good nick and miles down.

I don’t normally do finance but it was a no brainer

Another deal came up at replacement time so I rolled the dice again.

When they came up the deals weren’t there but the benefits of having a run around car ie care less where you leave it, more residual (one year her Boxster did 4K miles and that was with us taking it to Italy!) means I was keen to have something again but the electric car deals weren’t there. We can get 55mpg to the gallon out of this one with then benefit that we can take it further too.

I’d have another at some point but not as a main car.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 1874

We've got 2 BEVs in our fleet now. Tesla Model X and Model 3. The X has a realistic range of around 180 miles (75 kWh battery) and the Model 3 can do well over 300 miles (Long range battery). Charging and daily range is a non-issue for both. Performance and convenience is streets ahead of any comparable ICE car, so no plan to ever go back there. Still have a classic 911, but just gathering dust in the garage.