Cayenne Coupé

The place to discuss everything else..
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

I had one of these last week from OPC Wolverhampton while mine was in overnight. Very nice interior but just too big for UK roads and parking spaces. I really could not live with it. New tech was nice and having the PSE it did make a good noise too. 19mpg average wasn't so nice!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I agree Rabj. Due to lockdown, most of my journeys are now battery...I'm wondering how this may damage the ICE for the occasional short bursts when it fires into life. I've resorted to at least one non-battery journey every couple of weeks to keep things ticking over...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

CamGTS wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:42 pm still has better looking front end than new bmw 4 series, but not my much
Another car that looks ridiculous with its fake grill and air intakes. The green shows the parts of the grill where air can actually enter - so hardly anything. The yellow shows all the fake inlets - things that are slapped onto the front of the car to make it look like a performance model.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 16.23.23.png

Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
pmg

Post by pmg »

neilj007 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:40 pm I agree Rabj. Due to lockdown, most of my journeys are now battery...I'm wondering how this may damage the ICE for the occasional short bursts when it fires into life. I've resorted to at least one non-battery journey every couple of weeks to keep things ticking over...
Yes, I have wondered whether there will be any impact on the ICE engine life in a plug-in hybrid used for journeys just beyond the battery limit due to the ICE engine rarely reaching full operating temperature?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

pmg wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:25 pm
neilj007 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:40 pm I agree Rabj. Due to lockdown, most of my journeys are now battery...I'm wondering how this may damage the ICE for the occasional short bursts when it fires into life. I've resorted to at least one non-battery journey every couple of weeks to keep things ticking over...
Yes, I have wondered whether there will be any impact on the ICE engine life in a plug-in hybrid used for journeys just beyond the battery limit due to the ICE engine rarely reaching full operating temperature?
It does worry me too that the ICE only fires occasionally. I have noticed that when fired from cold it runs whither needed or not for a few minutes untill properly warmed, no doubt to protect the engine and help emissions. I do like the run to my daughters house seventy miles away every now and again to give the ICE a proper work out.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rab J wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:35 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:25 pm
It does worry me too that the ICE only fires occasionally. I have noticed that when fired from cold it runs whither needed or not for a few minutes untill properly warmed, no doubt to protect the engine and help emissions. I do like the run to my daughters house seventy miles away every now and again to give the ICE a proper work out.
if an issue is being caused, it would be reflected by steeply falling milage to oil service due to the oil becoming contaminated. Some Gen 2 Macan owners found that happened in Lockdown one with short runs only. at least your comment hints that they may have thought about the issue.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

pmg wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 am Some Gen 2 Macan owners ...
I cry every time someone thinks they have a generation 2 Macan. No one has a generation 2 Macan. They have a generation 1 Macan or one of its facelifts.
Current - Macan III GTS
pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:35 pm
pmg wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 am Some Gen 2 Macan owners ...
I cry every time someone thinks they have a generation 2 Macan. No one has a generation 2 Macan. They have a generation 1 Macan or one of its facelifts.
i think the term is clearer than "facelift" as some use that term for changes made around 2016 /2017 model years, the 2 differentiator term also used by Porsche on the approved used locator where they use Macan 1 1 and Macan1 2
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

We'll all be confused next year when the actual generation 2 is announced! Plus the third refresh of the generation 1 is expected to be announced soon. What shall we call that? As a Macan forum, we should be able to agree some common terminology.

Generation 1 - 2004 to present
1. First facelift - 2016 MY - announced 2015
2. Second facelift - 2019 MY - announced 2018
3. Third facelift - 2022 MY - expected to be announced 2021 - will run alongside the generation 2 for a period of time

Generation 2 (electric) - expected to be announced 2021

Although none of the above rolls off the tongue!
Current - Macan III GTS
pmg

Post by pmg »

PaulR wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:07 pm We'll all be confused next year when the actual generation 2 is announced! Plus the third refresh of the generation 1 is expected to be announced soon. What shall we call that? As a Macan forum, we should be able to agree some common terminology.

Generation 1 - 2004 to present
1. First facelift - 2016 MY - announced 2015
2. Second facelift - 2019 MY - announced 2018
3. Third facelift - 2022 MY - expected to be announced 2021 - will run alongside the generation 2 for a period of time

Generation 2 (electric) - expected to be announced 2021

Although none of the above rolls off the tongue!
Simpler if the EV Macan just referred to as EV Macan.

and Previous 2016 petrol Macan Gen 1 Facelift
2019 petrol Macan Gen2
rumoured 2022 MY Petrol Macan Gen 2 facelift (this is the harpic touch centre consul replacing centre consul buttons

Else you end by with three facelifts of gen1 and need to go on specifying which facelift. I would argue 2019 more than a simple BMW like mid-generation styling facelift as move to new engines and a lot of changes to suspension with few suspension parts in common