Volkswagen ID.3

The place to discuss everything else..
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Picked up my local VW dealers ID.3 demo this morning and have it until Monday lunchtime.

Very impressed so far as a decent sized family runaround daily driver car. Doesn’t exude any excitement but it’s very roomy, looks good to me except perhaps from the front, drives very nice, quiet and smooth with enough power for day to day duties. And the best is with its environmental friendly zero emissions means that I could then have a big engined petrol guzzler in the garage for the fun trips and not feel like I’m a total environmental pig

Terrible colour this one though.

18CD4960-E85C-48C7-A696-81705F148043.jpeg

Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Terrible colour, even worse wheels, wonder how much of a bargain it is?😂😂😂😂
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wheels are just fine in my view. Much better than most EV have.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Strange how many manufacturers try to have a special electric car wheel design and how many of them look totally naff IMHO
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You should see some of the other wheel options lol
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I like the colour but the car seems a bit underwhelming, and it’s not got the appeal of a Porsche.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

So just looked @ the ID3 prices, still in shock! Priced from £30k to 40k, I didn’t pay much more for my Macan!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

But what age is a £30k Macan and mileage, tyres, servicing, repairs etc etc. Then of course fuel to keep it on the road.

The demo car is the First Edition so it’s the current tip of the range with all the toy anyone needs. It would come with the first two services included therefore no maintenance costs other than maybe tyres. With discounts it would be a brand new car for £30k with very low running costs or zero costs if using free public chargers.

Not exactly comparing apples with apples to compare with a 5 or 6 year old diesel Macan. They are totally different animals to say the least. I’m the biggest petrol head ever but this is the future and it’s nowhere near as bad as perhaps expected.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

MCDK wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:58 am But what age is a £30k Macan and mileage, tyres, servicing, repairs etc etc. Then of course fuel to keep it on the road.

The demo car is the First Edition so it’s the current tip of the range with all the toy anyone needs. It would come with the first two services included therefore no maintenance costs other than maybe tyres. With discounts it would be a brand new car for £30k with very low running costs or zero costs if using free public chargers.

Not exactly comparing apples with apples to compare with a 5 or 6 year old diesel Macan. They are totally different animals to say the least. I’m the biggest petrol head ever but this is the future and it’s nowhere near as bad as perhaps expected.

Why do you say comparing a 5or 6 year old diesel Macan ? Mine is petrol & just 3 years old. So do you honestly think that you could get £10k discount on New VW ID3 ? The demo car you have if it is top of the range with toys on it, according to VW price list would be North of £40k, that and only that was the point I was trying to make. I paid £44k for my Macan S, high spec & 9k miles.

I have several friends with EV ‘s inc Tesla & a couple of Taycans, & I must say are impressive, but @ the moment the national charging network is NBG! One of my pals with a Taycan has seriously struggled with travelling between Yorkshire & Chichester, with so many chargers not working etc. I personally don’t find many petrol stations in the same state.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes do a quick Autotrader search on ID3 First Edition brand new and you will find plenty from just under £30k upwards. I have been offered 3 today from dealers ranging from £29700 to £30500, all brand new with metallic paint First Editions.

So a whole lot less than your £44k Macan which is still a 3 year old with a thirst for fuel. As I said you are comparing Apples with something very non Apple.