BMW i3s

The place to discuss everything else..
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The Tesla residual position may well change soon. Supply is much freer now to the point where you can get a Model 3 within a month. Previously the wait was much longer which naturally keeps up the values of the few used cars. Now if it doesn’t make sense to buy used as the price is close to new then those used values need to fall to attract buyers. A lot more on the road and cheapish lease deals will all add to used car pool diluting values. They will enjoy strong values for a while but not long term especially with more and more competitors coming to market.

But the thread is about the BMW I3S so let’s get it back on track and stop discussing Tesla!!

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MCDK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:09 pm The Tesla residual position may well change soon. Supply is much freer now to the point where you can get a Model 3 within a month. Previously the wait was much longer which naturally keeps up the values of the few used cars. Now if it doesn’t make sense to buy used as the price is close to new then those used values need to fall to attract buyers. A lot more on the road and cheapish lease deals will all add to used car pool diluting values. They will enjoy strong values for a while but not long term especially with more and more competitors coming to market.

But the thread is about the BMW I3S so let’s get it back on track and stop discussing Tesla!!
😂😂😂 MCDK surely by now you have twigged that Peteski is a Tesla Evangelist. He takes any opportunity to Tesla Bomb a forum thread. No problem, everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how wearing they become 😏 but hey lets all remember this is indeed a very open and friendly forum where all are welcome to contribute opinions on other variants to what is primarily a MACAN‼️😖 Forum 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Well said MikeM.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MikeM wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 pm
MCDK wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:09 pm The Tesla residual position may well change soon. Supply is much freer now to the point where you can get a Model 3 within a month. Previously the wait was much longer which naturally keeps up the values of the few used cars. Now if it doesn’t make sense to buy used as the price is close to new then those used values need to fall to attract buyers. A lot more on the road and cheapish lease deals will all add to used car pool diluting values. They will enjoy strong values for a while but not long term especially with more and more competitors coming to market.

😂😂😂 MCDK surely by now you have twigged that Peteski is a Tesla Evangelist. He takes any opportunity to Tesla Bomb a forum thread. No problem, everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how wearing they become 😏 but hey lets all remember this is indeed a very open and friendly forum where all are welcome to contribute opinions on other variants to what is primarily a MACAN‼️😖 Forum 😉
I’ve also been a Porsche owner since the mid 90s and still have a classic 911. Tesla just happen to make the best EVs at the moment, so pretty hard to ignore on EV threads. I’ve been wondering for the past few years if that would change, but it hasn’t.

I’m waiting for this EV Macan to finally appear as that could be a contender for me
Deleted User 1874

I thought we’d ran out of things to say about the i3s after the first couple of pages. Are you actually going to get one anyway? For £27k it looks like a reasonable deal. Or are you seriously considering an ID.3? I reckon that could be a big mistake.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think I worked out a long time ago he is a Tesla fan boy and also that he and his wife drive everywhere like Lewis Hamilton lol.

As regards what I am buying I would like to test both the BMW and VW again as I am torn between them for various reasons but right now test drives are not permitted.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I am also interested in the BMW i3 as a run around, golf and dog carrier.
I would be looking second hand as it would replace the CX3.
The problem I have is, that we normally depart for warmer climes for 4 months over the winter, how would an EV battery cope with being left for that period or would it be a no no?

I know our golf cart batteries and electric bike batteries have issues with being unused for long periods, but chatting to OPCs they cannot advise.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Deleted User 1874

MCDK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 am I think I worked out a long time ago he is a Tesla fan boy and also that he and his wife drive everywhere like Lewis Hamilton lol.

As regards what I am buying I would like to test both the BMW and VW again as I am torn between them for various reasons but right now test drives are not permitted.
You might as well just get the heavily discounted BMW. The VW is boring and testing it again will only confirm that. Plus you’ll probably start to notice the cheap plastic interior finish more.
Deleted User 1874

JurassicMacan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 am I am also interested in the BMW i3 as a run around, golf and dog carrier.
I would be looking second hand as it would replace the CX3.
The problem I have is, that we normally depart for warmer climes for 4 months over the winter, how would an EV battery cope with being left for that period or would it be a no no?

I know our golf cart batteries and electric bike batteries have issues with being unused for long periods, but chatting to OPCs they cannot advise.
It would be as flat as a pancake on return if you left it unplugged for 4 months. They lose about 2-3% charge sitting overnight.

On second thought, if it has a hibernation mode you can probably leave it for much longer, but you will risk degrading the battery if you leave it close to fully charged or let it drop below 20% charge for any length of time. I think 4 months is really pushing your luck.
Last edited by Deleted User 1874 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I have to say not looked at the vw in detail other than I had some plonker shoved up my backside on the way to work the other day and that light bar across the front is hideous (it was dark).
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S