Base Taycan for £70k.

The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Had a drive in a base Taycan today.

Biggest takeaway - superb ride quality on the Air Suspension even with 21" alloys. Followed by impressively rapid seamless linear acceleration up to and over national speed limit. Adequate passenger space for four adults and certainly compared to a 911.

Downsides - in black it looks like a squashed Darth Vader helmet! Noisy for an EV. Usual P quality, but interior cabin trim too basic on this £80k, as equiped, base model. Gear lever and starter hidden behind the steering wheel. Haptic switches and touch screen acceptable and clear, but not as satisfying as the Macan. Taycan too low to get in and out of it easily. Range went from a not fully charged 231 to 144 in 63 miles.

Impressive though.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Good to hear the ride quality was impressive, thought all the extra weight and low profile tyres, combined with the poorly maintained road surfaces would make for a less comfortable ride. The Taycan configuration would not suit my needs but will try the Macan when it comes to market. Just not sure I’m going to get on with it sounding like I’m riding on the underground 😏 Although I wouldn’t want some piped background engine noises 😖 Guess I’m still pre-retro, now where did I leave my Nokia 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:08 am Good to hear the ride quality was impressive, thought all the extra weight and low profile tyres, combined with the poorly maintained road surfaces would make for a less comfortable ride. The Taycan configuration would not suit my needs but will try the Macan when it comes to market. Just not sure I’m going to get on with it sounding like I’m riding on the underground 😏 Although I wouldn’t want some piped background engine noises 😖 Guess I’m still pre-retro, now where did I leave my Nokia 😉
But for the width, I would be interested in a Taycan Cross Turismo which is a bit higher due to greater ground clearance. I am just hoping the EV Macan does not grow in width over the current or else I have an issue has I refuse to leave a vehicle outside the garage overnight.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8