Porsche Cayenne GTS question

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

So this is a long shot, but I have reluctantly parted company with my Macan GTS after a 3 year love affair because it simply isn't big enough anymore :cry: . But I have softened the blow by ordering a Cayenne GTS instead. Having configured and reconfigured it several times, there is one option I wonder if anyone has experience of: it is "Interior Package in Black (High Gloss) ". Basically it is a free change from the standard interior and it sounds like a smart option, but it is not in the standard configuration hence I wondered if anyone has experience of this spec and whether they would recommend it over the standard interior. Thanks.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Funnily I have been giving a Coupe GTS some serious consideration over the last week. The black Interior package you are considering is the smooth high gloss door and dash trim I have on my E hybrid at the moment and looks well IMHO. The standard door trim in the GTS seems to be the same black brushed aluminium that was on my 911 GTS. I found it very easy marked as due to its roughness and colour so will swap it out for the high gloss black or standard aluminium option which is also a free change.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I'm not sure if its the same but I had the black high gloss in my first Macan and while it looked fantastic it was a fingerprint magnet and marked really easily so was a pain to keep clean.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Got the black high gloss (piano black) in the Macan and feel it does look nice and premium. Sure it would be a fingerprint magnet if you have kids that like getting their grubby mitts everywhere but on the door and dash which aren’t typical touch points I can’t say mine has any scratches and rarely get touched. That’s with a well trained 4 year old in the passenger seat! Windows are another matter.

If I could though I’d be having the dark brushed aluminium without a doubt. Great slightly sinister stealthy look and suits the car. Light aluminium not too bad but just screams ‘Audi q5’ to me.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Had the Piano black trim by choice on both Macans and really love it. Never had a finger prints or scratches issue either.

We have 5 grandchildren and again no problems in the 3 years of regular with them in the SD. The pandemic has meant they haven't been in the GTS yet though! :mrgreen: :twisted:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Thanks all. Now I think about it the Macan did have black gloss and I loved it. So, assuming I can still make changes, I'll be making yet another!
(I actually wanted the Coupe but sadly the boot isn't much bigger than the Macan so my wife vetoed it. When I was at the dealer I saw a new Black GTS Coupe and it was stunning).
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )