INEOS Grenadier 4x4

The place to discuss everything else..
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Does anyone fancy buying the INEOS Grenadier 4x4 ??

A real off-roader....

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en-gb

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

You can now reserve your Grenadier for £450 ...... very cheap :D :D
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:36 pm You can now reserve your Grenadier for £450 ...... very cheap :D :D
Cos it's a vomit inducing pile of steaming stuff made in France!!!

rant over!!!!

:evil:
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Named after the watering hole (Pub), where the idea to make the off-roader was first thought in.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:14 pm
ScotMac wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:36 pm You can now reserve your Grenadier for £450 ...... very cheap :D :D
Cos it's a vomit inducing pile of steaming stuff made in France!!!

rant over!!!!

:evil:
It does look terrible :lol: :lol:
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I wonder if it will take much of the 'old style' Defender market? I like the new one, but it does look too fancy for the people that actually used them as intended.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:42 am I wonder if it will take much of the 'old style' Defender market? I like the new one, but it does look too fancy for the people that actually used them as intended.
I think it is designed for posh farmer/shooting/horse type people who want to be able to hose down the interior of their car.

To be honest, hosing down the interior is not something that I have ever wanted to do :D :D
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:42 am I wonder if it will take much of the 'old style' Defender market? I like the new one, but it does look too fancy for the people that actually used them as intended.
Around here all the "old school" Defender users have already migrated to 4wd pick-up trucks like the Nissan Navara, Toyota Hilux, Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-max etc as their cross country / fields work horses of choice. Rugged, reliable and reasonably good value for money with several locally based dealerships to service them.

The new shape Defender appeals to the country set etc as a fashionable SUV. Maybe to tow a horse box, but I have not seen any doing serious off-roading.

The Army has not bought Defenders since 2008. Now going for greater protection for personnel with the Ridgback, Panther etc.

Ineos Grenadier - who knows - as now late this old party. :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:38 am
Around here all the "old school" Defender users have already migrated to 4wd pick-up trucks like the Nissan Navara, Toyota Hilux, Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-max etc as their cross country / fields work horses of choice. Rugged, reliable and reasonably good value for money with several locally based dealerships to service them.

The new shape Defender appeals to the country set etc as a fashionable SUV. Maybe to tow a horse box, but I have not seen any doing serious off-roading.

The Army has not bought Defenders since 2008. Now going for greater protection for personnel with the Ridgback, Panther etc.

Ineos Grenadier - who knows - as now late this old party. :oops:
I agree, a vehicle like the Toyota Hilux would be very hard to beat. The old ones were pretty indestructible with reasonable price, great warranty and good dealers.

When the Grenadier was first thought of ICE vehicles were not seen as quite so evil as they are now.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I suppose when the Defender was discontinued in 2016 it seemed like an obvious idea to build a replacement. A British built rugged capable off roader.

The world is possibly a different place now and not sure if we need an unproven BMW engined 4x4 built in France :? :? :?