Draconian tax hike coming?

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

My cup is generally half full, unless it's half full of Bushmills malt then it would be empty. I have a feeling given the current 'Woke' outbreak and the forthcoming climate change conference that the government will do something to earn brownie points with the above. Also, given that the country is deeply in debt, the treasury will be baying for money. If this is the case I fear Diesel will become the main target to achieve these goals as well as a smaller hike in petrol prices. Subsidies for EV's have been cut for the lower priced cars which is stupid as they account for the majority of car ownership whilst there are still subsidies available higher up the scale. Obviously, I hope this doesn't happen but I believe it is possible. Any thoughts.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I agree, getting shafted is likely to be on the horizon unfortunately.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
pmg

Post by pmg »

Whilst I agree, I think penalties on fuel will catch petrol as well as diesel. diesel's main hit will be on older cars not being able to enter Ultra-low emission zones in conurbations or pay high taxes to do so. ICE cars will be liable for higher taxes on purchase in the run-up to 2030.

The other issue to affect ICE owners quite soon after 2030 if not before is a predicted fairly rapid reduction in the number of petrol/diesel filling stations as they increasingly become unprofitable to operate due to falling fuel sales
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I believe there will be a mad rush to buy ICE vehicles in 2029/30. By that time the so called synthetic fuel may become widely available. E fuels may not save the ICE but I see a two tier scenario where larger cars will run e fuels and smaller cars (for shorter journeys) will be BEV or Fuel cell. And then there is this stuff:
https://www.visordown.com/news/industry ... d-scooters. What is it they say about necessity being the mother of invention?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.