So what next...... ??

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

TD444 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:04 am
MikeM wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:59 pm If your looking at big and rugged such as Defender? Personally think LR have lost their way when it comes to product quality, especially around DPF and electronic system reliability and we have run LR products for twenty years, still have a now 8 year old one. Probably not modern enough for some but would definitely take a Toyota Land Cruiser Invincible over one any time. Absolutely bomb proof quality throughout, asthey do say “ If you want to drive into the jungle you will at least need a Land Rover, however if you want to get back out choose a Land Cruiser” This may not help but it’s sure is true 🙄👍
I am aware of the quality concern but also take some of that with a pinch of salt, with any brand there will be quality issues, maybe LR have a few more but not every car will be bad - I had a few faults with my Macan - they all got fixed under WNTY... that's what it is for...
While I would agree the Toyota is likely bomb proof - it also is not a looker as they say... its more of a building contractor / farmer vehicle.... ;)
My neighbour is on his 3rd 110 in 6 months. The first 2 were both rejected due to unfixable electronics issues.....

His advice to me was don't buy one!

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think it’s pretty fair to conclude the JLR vehicles do have more issues on average than other premium brands. There are certainly a lot of reports of rejected vehicles which is something pretty unheard of with say Porsche. So long as someone buys with that knowledge they are accepting the risk and take their chances.
My brother in laws best man worked for Quality Control in Land Rover where he described his role as driving around all day in Range Rovers trying to break them, he said his job was very very easy 😜
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

MCDK wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 am I think it’s pretty fair to conclude the JLR vehicles do have more issues on average than other premium brands. There are certainly a lot of reports of rejected vehicles which is something pretty unheard of with say Porsche. So long as someone buys with that knowledge they are accepting the risk and take their chances.
My brother in laws best man worked for Quality Control in Land Rover where he described his role as driving around all day in Range Rovers trying to break them, he said his job was very very easy 😜
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Some years ago, my neighbour had an Evoque and every 2 weeks or so, an AA truck would arrive to take it away for it to be fixed again, continuous electric gremlins. After 6 months he got shot of it. And earlier this year, some friends of mine had a brand new Disco Sport - rejected after a month due to throttle issues and the nav wouldn't switch on. Quite unbelievable!
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Just chipping in regarding the Landrover reliability question :-)
I have had a Range Rover Sport for 5 years now - alongside a Porsche Boxster and an old Volvo estate.
2 out of the 3 have been utterly reliable - whereas the other has let me down (expensively) several times.
It is in fact once again sitting idly on the drive waiting to go in for diagnosis of having gone into limp mode.
I bet people can guess which is the culprit? :-)
Because I like the look of the Velar, I even gave them as second chance and took a wlak round the local Range Rover dealer.
What I found was fake air vents on the Sport and Vogue, plastic and twinkly lights.
I think Range Rover have got their priorities mixed up - hence my having opted for a Macan over a Velar.
I don't think this is merely bad luck - and I won't be going with Range Rover again until they have demonstrated that they take reliability seriously (probably never).
Even the "Range Rover" lettering is tarnished! :x