Creative on-street charging solution

The place to discuss everything else..
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I would say, definitely against H&S. And anyone who claims (?????) to have been injured by one of these obsticles, first point of call to claim would be the local council. Who would then I'm sure come after the person resonsible for placing it in such circumstances.
This would be a minefield, and the amount of claims(????) coming in would be phenominal.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The street furniture does not belong to the householder, not does the underground pathway that they have used to feed the cable to the car.

The householder only has the right to their boundary and the utility supply company has wayleave inside the boundary to supply their services to the house.

As it is the street furniture does look like there could be a water stopcock or even a fire hydrant under it so in any case the utility company and possibly the Fire Authority could demand its removal.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:44 am The street furniture does not belong to the householder, not does the underground pathway that they have used to feed the cable to the car.

The householder only has the right to their boundary and the utility supply company has wayleave inside the boundary to supply their services to the house.

As it is the street furniture does look like there could be a water stopcock or even a fire hydrant under it so in any case the utility company and possibly the Fire Authority could demand its removal.
Hi Col. All good I trust?

Yes, exactly what I’m getting at. Public nuisance stuff aside the owners is using something they seemingly shouldn’t. If a water main!!!

But what if it were redundant?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
GTB

Post by GTB »

I would say this is a total bodge and leaves the individual/entity liable for any injuries to members of the public.
Yes, many local authorities that are responsible for the public footpath or enity that is responsible for the roadway itself do have and you can see them about the country lighting columns (lamp posts) and also traffic bollards that have whats called Mode 1 or Mode 2 chargers i.e a standard socket outlet, but the regulations around the location and positioning of them is as close to the kerb line as possible to stop the charging lead from becoming a trip hazard. Thought process being unlikley for a pedestrian to walk or try and squeeze by the short space between the lighting column/bollard and the car, only person likley to trip is the EV Vehicle driver themselves.

Unless its a private footpath (Albeit owner/s of that footpath could still be sued for personal injury), no person or company can carry out any work on the public footpath without written permission or a permit from the local authority. Looking at the pictures the cable protector looks as if its been fixed or there are protuding studs in the pavement surface so who did that? what happens when it freezes and water penetrates and starts causing surface of footpath to start breaking up?

Also surprising that nobody I dont think has mentioned this so far is who is the EV Vehicle owner "Paying" for the electricity that is now going in their car? certainly no signs of a card reader or a slot meter for my 50P to pay for the electric!!
Its a total bodge as far as I can see, and person/s who carried out this type of install are leaving themselves wide open for a personal injury claim if a member of the public were to slip/fall etc but also criminal damage to the pavement if they didnt have the woners permission.
Not to mention criminal charge of theft of electrical energy if the power source is the property of somebody else.

Final matter socket outlets for charging EV Vehicles outdoors MUST BE wired in a particular way and the earthing system and a monitoring device of a particular type, so going by the pictures, I doubt if thats the case on that footpath.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Abstracting electricity is a statutory offence of dishonestly using, wasting, or diverting electricity, covered by different legislation in England and Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 pm Abstracting electricity is a statutory offence of dishonestly using, wasting, or diverting electricity, covered by different legislation in England and Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Exactly, thats what I was saying. Yes diffrent statutory legislation in each of the home nations you list but the "0ffence" is basicallt the same, taking something that didnt belong to you nor that you had permission to take.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4325

I remember this guy in Croydon. Every Xmas the papers had pics of his amazing Xmas lights all over his house. They looked spectacular.
The lights stopped the year someone from the electricity company took a look at his bill and realised He had wired it all up to a street lamp at the back of his house!!!!
I wonder how many EV owners have done the same?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Dandock wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:04 am
Saw this in Bath yesterday. Owner clearly has worked some sort of fudge via a standard infrastructure cover. Have they employed a redundant portal? And ignoring the status of cable cover how exactly is this possible, practical and legal.

And if legal, what a great solution!
Go back and get a photo of what's UNDER that cover :)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I’d suggest you may want to trip over it so you can order a 911
Deleted User 4325

Can we form an orderly queue please!

:lol: :lol: :lol: