Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

12 years
11 years
17 years
11 years
5 years + a lot more to go

We do not change cars very often.

In fact the Macan SD at 5 1/2 months was the shortest I have owned a car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Dannyp wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 pm Well that's that!
I'm just not letting it go :-)
I've been offered 13.5k by the OPC, 14k by the dealer I bought the Boxster from and 16.8 by one of the online outfits.
It's worth more than that to me. I just can't do it :-) I'll rebuild the garage a bit wider and keep it !! It stays!
Absolutely the right decision, if it’s worth more to you than the value and you still enjoy it, (your only here once). My first Porsche was a 987S Sport, a great car. You’ll really enjoy the Macan but it’s a daily and rightly so. Just think of those occasional dry crisp or sunny days. You take the cover off, stop for a moment to admire, jump in and turn the key…. Hear the roar of that beautiful NA flat 6 as you pull away to give it a blast 😈. And….. Everything is alright in the world 😇

AFD99E03-EF26-4A18-9107-F5B484F6953F.jpeg

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

:-)
Tracky "I find myself looking on collecting cars for cars I’ve sold and shouldn’t have done and wonder if I should get one back but worry it just wouldn’t be the same!! :-) :-)

I've done exactly the same thing! I've even searched online a couple of times for my old Triumph GT6 - which was writen off 40 years ago! - just on the off chance that someone might have resuced it ... :-)
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

I suppose it depends on how attached you are, given the offers you received - i would never has sold mine 18 months ago, but 25% increase in value sort of swayed it for me.

In 18 months time that 16.8k quote will be more like 12k (assuming new car supply gets back to normality) without adding in another 18 months wear n tear, depreciation and mileage increase - Your near £17k now might be nearer £9-11k offers by then.

Each to their own, the Macan is no sports car, but driven within the speed limit and prevailing road conditions there's not a lot the Macan can't do equally well - OK it might not be as nimble on a narrow twisting road but your visibility will be more limiting than the vehicle type your driving.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

The Macan is a good car obviously but it is boring compared to a sports car such as that boxster
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Percymon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:28 pm I suppose it depends on how attached you are, given the offers you received - i would never has sold mine 18 months ago, but 25% increase in value sort of swayed it for me.

In 18 months time that 16.8k quote will be more like 12k (assuming new car supply gets back to normality) without adding in another 18 months wear n tear, depreciation and mileage increase - Your near £17k now might be nearer £9-11k offers by then.

Each to their own, the Macan is no sports car, but driven within the speed limit and prevailing road conditions there's not a lot the Macan can't do equally well - OK it might not be as nimble on a narrow twisting road but your visibility will be more limiting than the vehicle type your driving.
I do see your point. The prospect of the car depreciating over the winter without even being driven isn't appealing. But the car is a 2009 987S Gen.2. - so I don't worry too much that it's age will necessarily devalue it too much at this stage, given its condition and low mileage. Even the guys that offered the 14k agreed that - with a bit of work - it's a 20k car. Annoyingly, the "work" includes new tyres - which have LOADS of tread - but have started to crack around the edges because it is hardly driven. TBH it's also irritating going through the process of having your car pulled apart by someone looking to make money out of it. That may have influenced my decision to just keep it. I can always let the kids borrow it now and then :-). My son still drives my Mk1 MX5 after all! :D