Alternative to part ex ing

The place to discuss everything else..
DLR

Post by DLR »

Thank you all for the advice and links.

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Bought my Discovery Soport at end of its PCP in Auigust and sold it a week later to WBAC - only place i bothered with as i was happy with their price and a near £10k profit over my PCP buy out. Painless transaction, a quick look over and agreement signed onn ipad at the depot. Note you can't have same day bank transfer if value is over £30k, its next day.

Then went to sell my Boxster - tried CarWoW/Wizzle and got a few offers, slightly better than WBAC (who can only value as a standard car spec it seems).
Tried Motorway, spent 45 minutes taking the required photos and adding a good description of all the extras and service history etc. They placed it in a daily auction/bid war, where the end result was just over £2k more than WBAC offer, and £1k better than best from Wizzle. You don;t have to accept the highest bid so other than a bit of effort to market the car as best you can its basically no fee and risk free. If you agree the sale then buyer contacts you direct to arrange collection and payment.

My experience is that both services are decent if not the traditional way most people sell cars. Main dealers, and independent garages bid on all services. If you have a relationship with your OPC it's always asking if they would like to buy it back, they are always looking for good spec cars (but of course they want their £7k margin for resale too).
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I told my neighbour about wizzle

He was very happy with the outcome
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S