Home Emergency rip off

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

'The toilet won't stop flushing' quoth my lady wife. 'No problem dear, we have 24/7 Home Emergency cover with LV, I'll call them'. Two hours later a plumber arrives. 'It's your flush valve mate, you need a new one and I haven't got this particular one. so I'll call back when I've sourced it'. 'Thanks a lot'.
Two days pass by and no plumber, so I call LV Home Emergency services to enquire where and when my new valve would arrive. 'Oh, we don't do repairs. The policy states we just isolate the leak'. Cue a silence as I compute this garbage. 'Er, so you are not really a Home Emergency service then?. If I call the AA if I have puncture, they don't turn up with a tyre and expect me to fit it'. Cue silence at the other end. 'Your policy states...'. 'But the plumber stated he would return with a new valve and he has my old one'.' The plumber is not an expert in insurance policies sir'. 'Neither am I it seems'. Then I'm afraid I lost it. demanding he (LV man) sorts it out or I'd sue, contact the insurance ombudsman, write to the Times and generally rubbish LV wherever I could. Still not heard from LV or the plumber. Naturally, LV will never get my business again regardless of cost. Just shows how devious these people can be. Moral, read the small print.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

This might cheer you up!!!

Someone's pride and joy sitting at Tonbridge!!!

IMG_20211117_1113237.jpg

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

SWEET, but I'm afraid I am still p***** off big time. Why is there no proper service anymore? The attitude of these people is unbelievable. It's as if I should be grateful. Talking to a mate of mine an hour ago and he told me that he put a nail through a pipe beneath a floorboard, rang his insurer, bloke turns up and told him he had to lift the the floorboard! Priceless.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:59 pm SWEET, but I'm afraid I am still p***** off big time. Why is there no proper service anymore? The attitude of these people is unbelievable. It's as if I should be grateful. Talking to a mate of mine an hour ago and he told me that he put a nail through a pipe beneath a floorboard, rang his insurer, bloke turns up and told him he had to lift the the floorboard! Priceless.
I had the British Gar "5 star" home cover and we had a radiator burst in an upstairs bedroom. The water was pouring through the celling in the living room. I called the "5 star" service people (this was mid day Friday) and was told the earliest they could come out was Monday evening!!!! In the end I turned everything off myself and just called a local plumber, who arrived in about 20 mins. Only charged me £45 for the call out too.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It happens, I had a British Gas contract for annual maintenance and it included emergency call outs.

Woke up one cool autumn morning, no heating, the controller display was dark.

I tried all day to telephone British Gas but they were permanently engaged.

In the end I tested it myself found that the controller was getting power but it showed no signs of life.

36 hours later I managed to get through to British Gas to complain and cancel the contract.

Never again.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I’ve just cancelled my British Gas service plan, our boiler was due a service in November and to cut a very long story short they told me that due to prioritising the elderly and vulnerable and of course due to COVID they wouldn’t be servicing my boiler this year! This is despite paying 20 odd pound a month for them to do it. We complained, got £100 compensation our annual payment returned and then I cancelled the plan,absolute joke.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Thank yourself lucky they didn’t arrive to do your service. After a 2 year gap they finally pitched up at my place to service my boiler and gas fire on 3rd Dec. Engineers vacuum has a fault and promptly deposits a thick layer of soot all over the living room. Room uninhabitable, items beyond economical repair and BG still hasn’t been in touch to resolve the situation……

CFB526EB-507C-4FF8-852D-F071F360B6DA.jpeg

35D23F08-60DF-4B70-AAED-24C020D285F9.jpeg

2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 am I’ve just cancelled my British Gas service plan, our boiler was due a service in November and to cut a very long story short they told me that due to prioritising the elderly and vulnerable and of course due to COVID they wouldn’t be servicing my boiler this year! This is despite paying 20 odd pound a month for them to do it. We complained, got £100 compensation our annual payment returned and then I cancelled the plan,absolute joke.
Fortunately, I am old :D . I am now with Homeserve for my Boiler and heating. £140 pa which includes a service for which I normally pay £110 for, so great value. The Homeserve guy came to inspect the boiler to check it's not on it's last legs and was impressed. It's a Viessmann boiler which we've had for ten years with no issues. I would rather live in a tent and have a camp fire than use British Gas.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I have 3 British Gas Homecare contracts on properties, and proving you can beat them down on price, I have no complaints at all, my tenants like them as all they need to do is book them, without contacting me first. They also insure all my household white goods, and have always responded in a timely manner, and effected good repairs that day. However their admin i have found is a complete & utter disaster, with 1 lot not talking to the other etc. I can only say it as I find it, it has worked for me for 6 plus years now. The only thing that I will add is never just pay their renewal fee always ring & negotiate.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:38 am 'The toilet won't stop flushing' quoth my lady wife. 'No problem dear, we have 24/7 Home Emergency cover with LV, I'll call them'. Two hours later a plumber arrives. 'It's your flush valve mate, you need a new one and I haven't got this particular one. so I'll call back when I've sourced it'. 'Thanks a lot'.
Two days pass by and no plumber, so I call LV Home Emergency services to enquire where and when my new valve would arrive. 'Oh, we don't do repairs. The policy states we just isolate the leak'. Cue a silence as I compute this garbage. 'Er, so you are not really a Home Emergency service then?. If I call the AA if I have puncture, they don't turn up with a tyre and expect me to fit it'. Cue silence at the other end. 'Your policy states...'. 'But the plumber stated he would return with a new valve and he has my old one'.' The plumber is not an expert in insurance policies sir'. 'Neither am I it seems'. Then I'm afraid I lost it. demanding he (LV man) sorts it out or I'd sue, contact the insurance ombudsman, write to the Times and generally rubbish LV wherever I could. Still not heard from LV or the plumber. Naturally, LV will never get my business again regardless of cost. Just shows how devious these people can be. Moral, read the small print.
Really sorry - but this is the funniest thing I've read in ages ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose