116 mph on Welsh B roads

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Seen on the BBC News website.

Two guys were booked into Oulton Park for a track day, they arrived early and thought they would take their 911 motors for a blast around the Welsh countryside.

They headed to the Evo Triangle but were frustrated by all the speed cameras so they moved on.

On the B4501 they videoed their driving and they uploaded the vids onto Youtube where the boys in blue saw the vid.

Max speeds of 116 mph were noted along with a plethora of other road offences needless to say their appearance in Court followed.

Both guys were given 8 month custodial sentences (suspended), banned for 18 months, ordered to take an extended driving test, and given 200 hours of community service together with court costs.

The guys no longer own their 911 cars.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

At least they would have got a good price for their 911's. 😏
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
corgi

Post by corgi »

Why is it relevant that they were driving Porsches? If they had been driving Skoda Octavia estates would the story have stated "Skoda Octavia drivers hit 116mph in Top Gear-style YouTube video"? :roll:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

According to the Daily Mail, one of the two individuals is (soon to be was) a Ryanair pilot. Hope he has more respect for the rules of the air.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I used to see that yellow Spyder around all the time as the guy must not live far form me. Got to say, it was always being driven reasonably.

Joe Achilles getting done a few years back was the warning shot for videos like this unfortunately. Amazingly though you have guys like DMOdeejay and LivingLifeFast uploading far worse plus literal street racing and they never seem to have their collar felt?
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Not condoning this in anyway but from that video the driving seems as calculated as it could be.

High speeds in open areas with clear visibility and seemingly good road conditions. A danger to no one but themselves.

And yes I’m aware of the impact on emergency services if one of them crashed.

But to film it and upload to the internet…
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I think the Welsh are missing a trick here. Close the road to 2 way traffic from time to time and charge people to drive on it at whatever speed they like. Would be a great money spinner for them!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I'm going to give a bit of support to my fellow Scottish drivers :lol: :lol:

Roads seemed to be quiet and 116 mph in a Porsche is not really "on the limit" or dangerous. :roll: :roll:

I of course am much more sensible :D :D :D
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

It does take a special kind of stupid to record that and put it on the internet for all to see.