116 mph on Welsh B roads

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Tracky wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:37 pm ImageI agree it is the farm exits etc that would make it stupid!
One of my motorcycling mates was riding around a bend near a farm on his Beamer GS only to be presented with a road covered in very slippy manure slurry, needless to say he went down.

Luckily he was not going fast and had time to bail so as not to get stuck under the bike.

The guys a Senior IAM Observer so can ride a bit but when presented with a super low friction surface even Valentino Rossi would be bailing.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Exactly - doesn’t matter who you are !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

The police have to do something, another death on our road today.

Just a stupid drugged up white van man driving dangerously and killing an innocent mother.

I would advocate no speed limits but you see so many careless individuals.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Tracky wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:06 pm
Partysausage wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:37 am Not condoning this in anyway but from that video the driving seems as calculated as it could be.

High speeds in open areas with clear visibility and seemingly good road conditions. A danger to no one but themselves.

And yes I’m aware of the impact on emergency services if one of them crashed.

But to film it and upload to the internet…
Agree with everything you say at every level and I would question anybody on here that says they’ve never done that sort of speed at some point …
Obviously Tracky! :D
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

On-Track wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:12 pm
Partysausage wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:37 am Not condoning this in anyway but from that video the driving seems as calculated as it could be.

High speeds in open areas with clear visibility and seemingly good road conditions. A danger to no one but themselves.

Agree with everything you say at every level and I would question anybody on here that says they’ve never done that sort of speed at some point …
In the light of the subject of this thread, I question whether you'll find anyone on a public forum prepared to declare what they may (or may not) have done :D

"Honest Officer, never exceeded the speed limit in my life."
To cut a long story short I got asked to pull into a lay-by after an officer with a gun had ‘caught’ me.

‘Do you know why I pulled you over?’ was the question.

‘Did it look like I was doing more than 30?’ was the response.

Well he didn’t know what to say to that so told me to get on my way after reminding me of my responsibilities! :roll: :lol:
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Never admit to exceeding the limit. If you do they cannot let you off. If you say something that is debatable such as "I thought I was under the limit" then there is discretion. Never say you are in a hurry or have an urgent appointment.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I got caught a few years back

They asked why etc etc etc

I said probably going faster than they would like

They said they couldn’t clock me

Told to be careful and sent me on my way
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

On-Track wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:12 pm

In the light of the subject of this thread, I question whether you'll find anyone on a public forum prepared to declare what they may (or may not) have done :D

"Honest Officer, never exceeded the speed limit in my life."
I'm ashamed to say that I have been at 90mph in my Macan :oops: :oops: :oops: as verified by speed camera van :oops: :oops: :oops:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Late one night I was heading home 200 miles away after a works course and I was just north of Gloucester when a pair of lights very slowly started to catch me up.

It was an odd evening on the Mway as there were no other vehicles, just me and the vehicle slowly catching me up.

Then the blue lights flashed so I pulled over.

Evening Sir, your a long way from home.

Yes, officer just finished a works course and I am heading home.

Oh, we noticed your number plate was not local so wondered what you were doing down here. Btw, do you know what speed you were doing.

Well yes, I set the cruise control and was just tootling along on this quiet night enjoying the drive but I’m sure you are going to tell me my exact speed.

You were doing 80mph sir.

Yes sir 80

Well I never though the speedo would be that accurate, I though it would be more like 70.

No it was 80.

Thankyou officer for providing that very useful information, I’ll set the cruise exactly on 70 for the rest of my journey home.

Drive safely sir and do remember to keep your speed down.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

So quiet they were looking for something to do but you weren't being dangerous enough to warrant the paperwork! Good policing. The paperwork I've had has only shown ever shown the high 30s and only one of those in the Macan, fortunately the 154 was only witnessed by my my youngest, briefly, on a very quiet E York's Mway, you can look on YouTube but you won't find it. Wasn't lockdown wonderful. Back down to 3 points now...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP