Mini - Harmon Kardon sound system available?

The place to discuss everything else..
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I know some members have Mini's, so I thought I would pose the question.
I am looking to buy a new Mini Countryman, but have heard that the Harmon Kardon sound system has not been available recently because of the chip shortage. I spoke to a BMW/Mini salesman today and he told me that it was now available to order.
However, it is not available to order on the UK configurator. Should I believe the salesman, who is obviously trying to sell me a car? Is there any other way of checking availability of this option?
Thanks.

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Try asking a different dealer.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

I don’t know the answer, but I picked up my wife’s new Mini Cooper S Sport 5-door just before Christmas which has the standard sounds system and to my ears it sounds great.

Maybe call other dealers and ask the question see if you get the same answer. Cotswold BMW/Mini we’re fantastic and had great communication so maybe give them a shout?
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Here in Spain, Harmon Kardon was removed from the configurator for the Mini in October. Then in November my dealer said they could add the option through their systems, even though it was still not showing in the configurator. I placed the order for a Mini Electric, and the car was delivered before Xmas. It seems when the car companies want to boost their electric reg numbers, they can move heaven and earth to overcome component shortages! Hope it helps, and definitely ask the dealer directly.