So instead of a Macan S I got...

The place to discuss everything else..
kalniel

Post by kalniel »

paulmac wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:29 pm A colleague of mine recently replaced his Lotus with a GR86 and last week found that the latest batch were delivered to the UK without an operational alarm.

Is waiting feedback from Toyota SE.

Paul
Yeah as far as I know no batch has one - and sadly it's blooming keyless (an option I was definitely NOT going to get for the Macan). At least it's relatively simple to disable key transmission, but I have additional physical security as well for ease of mind. Reminds me of the days before immobilisers :/ Not that an alarm stops anyone these days either.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just a pity the GR engine does not give the performance that the car deserves
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
kalniel

Post by kalniel »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:04 am Just a pity the GR engine does not give the performance that the car deserves
Depends what you want it for - for track, certainly, you'd want to be it something with a bit more oomph/do something about it - for UK roads though it's actually nice to be able to pin it through a few gears and still be legal at the end of it. As impressive as stuff like the A45S was, it got to the limit so quickly it was over in a flash and then you're just sat there.