My current favourite options.

The place to discuss everything else..
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Wolands Advocate wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:33 pm The first of my daily drivers to have heated seats was an Audi S3 back in 2005 and they've been a must-have in all my daily drivers ever since, particularly on our annual ski pilgrimage to the Alps. Even our Mini has them. Leather seats can be very cold otherwise.

But the Macan is the first I've owned with a heated steering wheel and I must say it is great. We were down in a freezing cold New Forest over the weekend and on long drives, I get cold hands at the best of times, so it really made a difference.

On the heated windscreen front, our Mini also has one of those and it works rather better and quicker than the one in the Macan. Plus it has its own button in the Mini.
What I like about the Macan's heated front window is that it's invisible. On the mini, and we've had several, it's the style with lots of fine heater lines which you can see sometimes even though you get used to them.
Macan S MY 2023

DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

PDLS+ works well generally (we have it) but I have three gripes...

1/ After it's dipped it takes a while to go back to high beam on a dark road. This can bee speeded up by accelerating (I guess it senses the added danger) but that's not always desirable when you can't see where you're going.

2/ On a dual carriageway, dipped beam, truck approaching from the other direction, headlights will go to high beam as they can't see the oncoming truck's lights when behind a central reservation. Truck driver flashes. Happened again last night in the loan Macan.

3/ When the car wrongly goes to high beam, as above, you can't just pull the stalk to quickly get back to dipped. You have to push the stalk to get to 'non-auto' high beam and then you can pull it for dipped.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Wolands Advocate wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm ....Although the high beam assist is desperately dim-witted and I dislike that there isn't (or I haven't found) a way to disable it with the lights on the auto setting. ...
Just push the headlamp stalk away from you. Should see the HBA warning lamp go out no?
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

MooseMiller wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:03 pm
Wolands Advocate wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm ....Although the high beam assist is desperately dim-witted and I dislike that there isn't (or I haven't found) a way to disable it with the lights on the auto setting. ...
Just push the headlamp stalk away from you. Should see the HBA warning lamp go out no?
As in (3) in my post above. From auto high beam, push to go to manual high beam, then pull for dipped. Not as quick as a 'normal' stalk.

I think he means disable in the PCM, as I could with my E-Class from 2012.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Not sure if differs on Macan, but you can disable mine by pushing away and returning to normal low and high beam with push and pull.
Can then return to auto high beam by push and push again. I imagine they must be similar 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

Wow. Are you guys expecting matrix lamps in a £80k car ? Come on it’s only 2023.
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

I think that I must agree with many earlier remarks. I selected the heated steering wheel after reading this forum and being encouraged by a friend….and the heated wheel is now a favourite feature used on most journeys recently.

The one optional extra that is of questionable value is (in my opinion) the Porsche crest on the front head restraints - I almost never see it, and on the black leather is not easily discernible.
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

MooseMiller wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:03 pm
Yes, but it's just irritatingly fiddly. My last car had a separate button for activating HBA.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Skyway wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:38 pm
Wolands Advocate wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:33 pm The first of my daily drivers to have heated seats was an Audi S3 back in 2005 and they've been a must-have in all my daily drivers ever since, particularly on our annual ski pilgrimage to the Alps. Even our Mini has them. Leather seats can be very cold otherwise.

But the Macan is the first I've owned with a heated steering wheel and I must say it is great. We were down in a freezing cold New Forest over the weekend and on long drives, I get cold hands at the best of times, so it really made a difference.

On the heated windscreen front, our Mini also has one of those and it works rather better and quicker than the one in the Macan. Plus it has its own button in the Mini.
What I like about the Macan's heated front window is that it's invisible. On the mini, and we've had several, it's the style with lots of fine heater lines which you can see sometimes even though you get used to them.
There is that, but they don't bother me.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Skyway wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:38 pm

I do not remember a heated screen being an available option eons ago when I bought mine.

The Jag had it and I hated it, all those fine lines resulting in glare when driving with the Sun low to the horizon.

At least the Porsche one does seem way better.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags