Porsche Driving Experience

The place to discuss everything else..
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

EvenDave wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm I did the experience in a GTS about a month before I collected mine. I thought it was excellent. It gave me the opportunity to understand how the car handles in all sorts of different situations, with and without PSM. I especially enjoyed the kick plate and the ice hill and got a real kick out of using launch control followed by emergency braking. That car handles everything you throw at it with ease and gives you the confidence that if you hit trouble in the real world the car is on your side.

My one regret was having to slow down to let the 911s pass me :lol:
:D
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

happy days

Post by happy days »

Tom 2000 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 am I think it’s a case of flying in and out of Birmingham. Whatever, it has to be done in a
day. As my days are heavily committed during the dark season it will be May at the earliest. It sounds a valuable experience. I was not aware of it prior to getting the email.
Well Tom

Me and Mrs Happy flew from Belfast to Luton, hired a wee car and drove up to Silverstone, had lunch, did the PEC thing, left about 15 minutes early, drove back to Luton and flew home on the last plane back to Belfast. Great day out, absolutely don't miss it!

Bit of advice - don't do it on a Friday. Apparently the last Luton Belfast flight gets cancelled regularly and so we were lucky. Also the motorways have a humongous amount of speed cameras on the motorway and you won't be able to do 'normal' NI speeds ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) so factor that in to your journey plan.

BTW did you get your invite from Carl to the Sport Turismo launch?
Macan S D
718 S
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I look forward to it in Spring. Too many horses to clean out every day before then. The missus Goggled Silverstone and suggested Luton. Ben S said Birmingham. No invite has arrived here. Mustn't want my sort.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Guy

Post by Guy »

Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 pm I look forward to it in Spring. Too many horses to clean out every day before then. The missus Goggled Silverstone and suggested Luton. Ben S said Birmingham. No invite has arrived here. Mustn't want my sort.

Luton Airport's an absolute horror! I'm surprised the migrants don't get back on the plane! Birmingham's far from perfect, but highly recommended as an alternative.

If you've placed your order simply give the PEC a call and let them know when you'd like to attend. Book early to avoid disappointment :D
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

They gave me dates between now and Christmas. I will refocus in New Year.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)