The place to discuss everything else..
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Snowing in Southampton
GTS \o/ - sold :(

Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I am having a mare! Our parked Macan keeps sliding down the drive

Can't work out the best way to park it, does the handbrake only lock the rear wheels. I am parking it nose up as I figure the weight is at the front, but if the handbrake is only locking the rear wheels, but what about the gearbox in park - shouldn't that lock all four wheels?

Bloody thing is slowly creeping down the drive.

I should add I have no grit or winter tyres, just a broom and a shovel which are not doing a great job.

Anyone else having trouble.

S

PS Also gaining traction the back end really steps out, even in off-road mode! She's a fighter for sure.
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Paul

Post by Paul »

...breeze block / half brick under a wheel. ,??
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Ahh, never thought of that!
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Blimey, how steep is your drive?

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
lac

Post by lac »

I am having a mare! Our parked Macan keeps sliding down the drive

Can't work out the best way to park it, does the handbrake only lock the rear wheels. I am parking it nose up as I figure the weight is at the front, but if the handbrake is only locking the rear wheels, but what about the gearbox in park - shouldn't that lock all four wheels?

Bloody thing is slowly creeping down the drive.

I should add I have no grit or winter tyres, just a broom and a shovel which are not doing a great job.

Anyone else having trouble.

S

PS Also gaining traction the back end really steps out, even in off-road mode! She's a fighter for sure.

Try sprinkling some household salt behind each tyre
Carrara White GTS
lac

Post by lac »

It will be the Numpty in the souped up Citroen Saxo you need to worry about rear ending you!

Not at 7am - yoofs rarely get up before lunchtime!

Yes but then it does not matter what tyres are fitted to your Macan if some plonker shunts into you.

That's why the Macan stayed at home and wife took xc60 with winters to work today. On her way home she saw 3 bumps due to snow over black ice and traffic at a standstill. Think the roads dept were caught on the hop as a bit of the white stuff doesn't usually cause any issues up here. Mind you even "winters" won't help on black ice!
Carrara White GTS
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Non at this altitude. Might just have to go out and find some 😳 minding those numpties, of course!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just got back home, first time I have driven my Turbo in the snow.

No problems, no skids, no shudder as traction control activates, in fact no drama.............and all on Summer tyres.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Just got back home, first time I have driven my Turbo in the snow.

No problems, no skids, no shudder as traction control activates, in fact no drama.............and all on Summer tyres.

That's interesting and quite reassuring re summer tyres.
My 911 has the summer tyres and my local OPC were recommending a new set as winter tyres, plus a new set of wheels as "you have to drop a size"!
When I was at Silverstone, I asked my instructor about winter/summer tyres, and he really was dismissive; saying that I should see some of the inclement conditions they drive their cars in on summer tyres.