Autoroutes Tolls

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

As mentioned recently we're driving to Spain in early summer. Does any one have any (sensible!) advice re Autoroutes.

Also I'm aware there is/are Toll Tags but is there a choice and if so is any one particularly recommended?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

bompey

Post by bompey »

Sanef do the French toll routes but check with your ferry company / Eurotunnel as they often do offers.
They can save time if you at peak times of the year. I have one but go to france a couple of times a year.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
VanB

Post by VanB »

I got a Sanef Tolling tag for my yearly trips to the alps and Dordogne and it has been excellent. I don't know whether it works in Spain too but I can confirm you get a VERY preferential exchange rate and detailed billing. Highly recommended and you can also go through the high speed toll lanes unless you have a top box on the car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Thanks Bompey. I was aware of Sanef but didn't realise that there were deals to be had. Ta! Smile
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
bompey

Post by bompey »

Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Paul

Post by Paul »

+1 on the sanef toll tag - brilliant.
I think you'll need a separate tag for Spain.....Via-T box......Paul2017-02-27 21:04:33
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

I got a Sanef Tolling tag for my yearly trips to the alps and Dordogne and it has been excellent. I don't know whether it works in Spain too but I can confirm you get a VERY preferential exchange rate and detailed billing. Highly recommended and you can also go through the high speed toll lanes unless you have a top box on the car.

High speed toll lanes no problem with our top box on the Macan as it is still under 2m high

Agree the Sanef tags are great. They are transferable between vehicles and you can also have more than one tag on the same account. This was useful last year when we needed to take 2 vehicles abroad.

Hedgehog2017-02-27 21:35:31
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Brill! Thanks guys.

Re Spain. Not going too far south and as I know the area reasonably well will tend to stick to the country lanes 😜😜😜
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Sorry to drag this up again. I've now received my Sanef tag and reading the fixing instructions it would appear, as there's no available shaded area on the windscreen, that I have to affix it to the plastic cover behind the mirror. This of course means that it would not be in any way visible. Can anyone confirm this is the correct place to put it, please?
VanB

Post by VanB »

I put mine just under the mirror where it attaches to the glass - works fine
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate