S Diesel Tuning

The place to discuss everything else..
Boej007

Post by Boej007 »

Hello Guys,
Picking up my first Macan DS tomorrow and contemplating a little power upgrade. Who of you have remapped or use plug and play on your Diesels. If any Tongue

Cheers,

James

happy days

Post by happy days »

Just press the Sport button - it makes the car a whole lot livelier!
Macan S D
718 S
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Personally I wouldn't mess about with it. The OPC will be able to tell if the engine was working outside the parameters even if you do remove the upgrade. And when they do, kiss goodbye to any warranty obligations, Porsche are renowned for that.

When it's out of warranty however, go nuts. Me, I've just extended my warranty to five years after a year of ownership, I don't want the worry of the massive bills.

BigPhil.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Just press the Sport button - it makes the car a whole lot livelier!

And sports plus if you have it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Not sure that anyone here has gone that route, most of us on our second Macan seems to have had an SD then changed to a petrol version.

Check out TDI tuning of Colchester, they do a plug in system that adds 60+ bhp more, these are just one of many that are available but I did not go that route myself so I cannot give any recommendation as to a specific items of kit.

These guys also have a set of installers and there are a couple in NE Scotland, one near Elgin.
Col Lamb2017-03-23 12:16:32
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

If you send a private message to JESIM, he installed one on day one and raves about it. I think his was from TDI tuning. I thought about it but would have meant changing insurer and worrying about warranty. I'm tempted to go to Essex where they will fit it for you to try temporarily just to see how much difference it makes.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Boej007

Post by Boej007 »

I will for sure be waiting a while before making changes, if any. It would have made more sense to purchase one of the more powerful Macan's but they are a bit above my pay grade LOL

Thanks for the info Col Much appreciated.

Next question. Can any of you recommend a dog guard to fit in the back of my Macan?

Thanks again absolutely buzzing about tomorrow. feel the butterflies already.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Having driven the SD for nearly 2 years I don't think you require any more power. If you are planning on doing the nurburgring then yes you require more power but for normal driving there is more than adequate power. It is fast 0 to 60 and great for overtaking.

Good luck for tomorrow Thumbs Up
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

I wonder what bhp they actually put out in reality. Are porsche not conservative with power outputs? If you find that Australian vid on youtube of an SD going up against an SQ5, there was only half a car length in it.. (supposedly 258 vs. 309hp...)
For example, there have been reports of standard Cayenne S Diesels putting out up to 410hp on the dyno as opposed to the claimed 385hp figure..
BMW are also notorious for their conservative power figures against what they actually put out in reality.
Brings into question just how much you do actually get extra from the upgrade.

Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hello Guys, 
Picking up my first Macan DS tomorrow and contemplating a little power upgrade. Who of you have remapped or use plug and play on your Diesels. If any Tongue

Cheers,

James

Hi Boej007. If you look on the Macan fb page, you'll find Pavlos Alexander. He posts about bespoke power upgrades to his SD. A bit extreme perhaps ...... this from one his posts - "480 hp and 742 lb/torque :) diesel Macan! you may recall I was disappointed with the power of the Macan s diesel. Well the waiting list for a turbo performance pack was almost 5 months, so I decided to send it to Germany to a Porsche engineer who tunes cars on the side. New turbo, intercooler, injectors, custom exhaust, upgraded PDK gearbox. Brutally fast." and a recent post about his upgraded exhaust, "New exhaust for Macan diesel, 500mbar backpressure before, 150 now. :)"
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16