S Diesel Tuning

The place to discuss everything else..
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

742lb/ft.. sure that isn't NM? that would seem a lot from a 3.0l. Still, mega impressive all the same.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo

Paul

Post by Paul »

...yeah, I was a bit disappointed in my SD performance ......over about 130........
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

I wonder what bhp they actually put out in reality. Are porsche not conservative with power outputs? If you find that Australian vid on youtube of an SD going up against an SQ5, there was only half a car length in it.. (supposedly 258 vs. 309hp...)
For example, there have been reports of standard Cayenne S Diesels putting out up to 410hp on the dyno as opposed to the claimed 385hp figure..
BMW are also notorious for their conservative power figures against what they actually put out in reality.
Brings into question just how much you do actually get extra from the upgrade.

Check out the Superchips website.They have loads of before and after graphs.
The standard Macan shows 261 bhp at 4144rpm.
Once Superchipped it's 302bhp at 4397rpm.
There's useful torque gains throughout the rev range with a peak of 591nm at 2804rpm.

bilun7772017-03-23 21:10:36
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hello Guys, 
Picking up my first Macan DS tomorrow and contemplating a little power upgrade. Who of you have remapped or use plug and play on your Diesels. If any Tongue

Cheers,

James

Hi James.

Good news. Have your OPC confirmed that your car is registered and taxed? I was supposed to collect mine yesterday, but couldn't as the Porsche car tax system is down. Now pickup is due tomorrow at 4pm, but the OPC still can't yet guarantee that they can actually release my car tomorrow...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

I will for sure be waiting a while before making changes, if any. It would have made more sense to purchase one of the more powerful Macan's but they are a bit above my pay grade LOL

Thanks for the info Col Much appreciated.

Next question. Can any of you recommend a dog guard to fit in the back of my Macan?

Thanks again absolutely buzzing about tomorrow. feel the butterflies already. 
Enjoy your day.. ..the dog or dogs I feel sorry for after you tune the SD you'll be throwing them around even more..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Boej007

Post by Boej007 »

Hi WC, mine isnt brand new in age but by god in brand new and more in stature what a lovely car im just ecstatic right now. Frequent out bursts of laughter while currently driving up the road. The mrs is having a little shot while i play about with the controls. 😁
Yeah it does feel ok for power too guys. Smooth delivery along with it. Not tried sport mode yet. Is it better to be at a standstill well pressing and depressing sport mode?

Im just bloody infatuated already

Cant belive i own a Porsche 😍
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi James! Well, I'm glad that someone has collected a Porsche today!

Many congrats, enjoy and welcome to the Porsche family!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Hi WC, mine isnt brand new in age but by god in brand new and more in stature what a lovely car im just ecstatic right now. Frequent out bursts of laughter while currently driving up the road. The mrs is having a little shot while i play about with the controls. 😁
Yeah it does feel ok for power too guys. Smooth delivery along with it. Not tried sport mode yet. Is it better to be at a standstill well pressing and depressing sport mode?

Im just bloody infatuated already

Cant belive i own a Porsche 😍

Great news Thumbs Up

Sport mode can be pressed at any time. I generally only use it for a fast overtake and to be honest don't require it most of the time. (too many cars on the road Confused)
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hello Guys,
Picking up my first Macan DS tomorrow and contemplating a little power upgrade. Who of you have remapped or use plug and play on your Diesels. If any Tongue Cheers, James

For those interested in the work Pavlos Alexander has had done to his SD, it seems finished with a claimed 480hp and 663 ft lbs (standard is 285 and 427). His latest video is on the Facebook Porsche Macan forum showing an outrageous 70 to 140 kph acceleration.

Lots of interesting comments such as ......

- if something breaks, who is cares, it's just money... It's a Porsche.. You need to pay to play
- Buy a Turbo? -This is faster than a turbo. And has a higher resale value in Eastern Europe where i am.
- How much have you spent? It would cost 20,000 euro. The parts costs maybe 7,000 for Injectors..
Fuel pump.. Pdk clutches.. Pdk solenoids.. Intercooler.. Fuel pump..
Cylinder head.. Turbo.. Exhaust work...and Software.. Very important.

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Retired

Post by Retired »

Check out the Superchips website.They have loads of before and after graphs.
The standard Macan shows 261 bhp at 4144rpm.
Once Superchipped it's 302bhp at 4397rpm.
There's useful torque gains throughout the rev range with a peak of 591nm at 2804rpm.

I wouldn't take the power figures too seriously as the dyno operator can make a big difference to the number depending on how the machine is calibrated, esp estimating the transmission loss (Porsche figures at flywheel, dyno numbers at the wheels adjusted for transmission losses).

Good for comparison, before / after though.