The Random Chit-chat Thread

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

happy days wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:12 am I don't actually understand some expressions that have crept into common usage recently.

My Bad - what?
I've got your back - Why?
Innit - Didn't this used to be an abbreviation for 'isn't it' but now seems to be a word in its own right with some mystical meaning?
Dissing - surely you mean being disrespectful?

I'm sure there are loads more.

Indeed there are! I blame Cab Calloway!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

happy days wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:12 am I don't actually understand some expressions that have crept into common usage recently.

My Bad - what?
I've got your back - Why?
Innit - Didn't this used to be an abbreviation for 'isn't it' but now seems to be a word in its own right with some mystical meaning?
Dissing - surely you mean being disrespectful?

I'm sure there are loads more.
I know what you mean Bruv.... :lol:
GTS 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:36 pm When blown off by an SD or even a 2.0 the owner of that 911 is going to need a strong magnifying glass to find his widdler.
You may be surprised how quick a 964 C4 actually is . They were regularly measured at around 5.1 s 0-60 and could top 160 mph. Only 250 horses, but they weigh about 1450 kg so positively lightweight in this company. I had a more focused 964 RS and no way would you blow that away in an SD! Again only 260 hp, but they felt like very big horses :lol: Accel was brutal and linear right up to the red line.
Paul

Post by Paul »

My granfather was always commenting that " kids" were baby goats......and that you never saw saussages hanging up in a butcher's shop; they all hang down......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
VanB

Post by VanB »

goron59 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 am I wouldn't want to be "blown", off or otherwise, by an SD owner :shock:
Not even if owned by the lovely Charlize Theron ;)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

VanB wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:50 pm
goron59 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 am I wouldn't want to be "blown", off or otherwise, by an SD owner :shock:
Not even if owned by the lovely Charlize Theron ;)
No. I know where she's been.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Pete

Post by Pete »

Spent a lot of Monday washing and waxing both cars (my other half expressed a wish to "snow globe" her car after I finished, which is basically her way of asking me to wash hers too).

I'm learning that "snow globing" doesn't really do much to remove dirt from cars and I have to hand wash them afterwards.

I used my current Autoglym on my car and tried Collonite on my other half's Fiesta. The Collonite does give a nice shine.

I was too lazy to wax the roof of the Macan after spending too long washing/waxing the alloys.

I forgot to pressure wash the mud off the tyres, so just sprayed over the mud with the tyre detailer.

A day trip to the rainy Isle of Wight yesterday resulted in dust spots all over the car and mud sprayed along the sides.

Back to square one again then.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Pete wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 pm Spent a lot of Monday washing and waxing both cars (my other half expressed a wish to "snow globe" her car after I finished, which is basically her way of asking me to wash hers too).

I'm learning that "snow globing" doesn't really do much to remove dirt from cars and I have to hand wash them afterwards.

I used my current Autoglym on my car and tried Collonite on my other half's Fiesta. The Collonite does give a nice shine.

I was too lazy to wax the roof of the Macan after spending too long washing/waxing the alloys.

I forgot to pressure wash the mud off the tyres, so just sprayed over the mud with the tyre detailer.

A day trip to the rainy Isle of Wight yesterday resulted in dust spots all over the car and mud sprayed along the sides.

Back to square one again then.
You'd be better off, once washed, just never taking it out again. :shock: :lol:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Pete

Post by Pete »

It was a choice of either washing the cars or jet-washing the dog piss from the side passageway.

When it's sunny outdoors, I'm not allowed indoors unless I have a broken bone or I'm bleeding.

And when I'm bleeding, I'm allowed no further than the utility room.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Single blade wipers never clear the screen properly. They always leave a bit of over-spray, usually exactly where I'm looking through.
Macan S D
718 S