The Random Chit-chat Thread

The place to discuss everything else..
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Anyone at the Festival of Speed tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Nope. I went there a few years ago when it was unbearably hot.

We go to Carfest every year now - just seems more friendly and relaxing than FoS.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Macananon wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:54 am Anyone going to Chatueax Impney hill climb next week
Been thinking about it but no firm decision made as yet.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Pete

Post by Pete »

Somewhat annoyed that the driver's side door mirror doesn't dip in reverse.

Also a bit annoyed at my other half constantly pointing out that the extended arm-rest doesn't quite cover the cup holders...
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Anyone else watching the tour ?
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Pete wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:01 am Somewhat annoyed that the driver's side door mirror doesn't dip in reverse.

Also a bit annoyed at my other half constantly pointing out that the extended arm-rest doesn't quite cover the cup holders...
I'm occasionally annoyed that the arm rest, to be useful, as to cover the cupholders, rendering the cupholders useless for cups. :roll:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Having just returned from France and Spain one abiding memory is the quality of their road surfaces compared to ours. For over two weeks I hardly had the suspension out of Sport+. I'd forgotten how appalling our roads are. Apart from the new part of the M3 and some bits of other stuff the overall quality of surface I encountered yesterday evening was truly awful. And in most cases the level of tyre noise generated is unbelievably bad even in a vehicle as sophisticated as the Macan. And a million curses on that terrible American concrete stuff. 😡
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Dandock, I couldn't agree more. In the past 2 months I've been to/from Leipzig and area, now just back from 5 days in rural France, mostly D roads. German roads are even better than French ones. Our opinions on suspensions and wheels size are dictated by our appalling road surfaces. On this recent PCGB trip 8 Macans drove on many challenging D roads, only the farm track like sections were rough. Sports Plus almost all the time. Brilliant. No wonder we get concerned about 21" wheels with 35 profile tyres in the UK.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Some southern German autobahns are atrocious though. Parts of Belgium are medieval. Sure, you can find great roads in Europe, but it's a big place and there are plenty of bad roads.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

But surely not in the same proportion to the UK. What a welcome to Britain is the M20-M25! And as I said earlier it's not just bumps and holes: we mostly appear to be unable to lay or re-lay a flat, smooth road. And why do noise levels vary so much? Alright, I accept the equations re cost, longevity, drainage etc but come on! Every other country faces exactly the same pressures and others beside re extremes of heat and cold that we can barely dream about and broadly appear to do a better job.

One reason we bought our Macan was for the ride quality - to ameliorate Mrs Ds back pain. It's a sad indictment!