The Random Chit-chat Thread

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 pm What's the best way of removing seriously sun-baked pine sap - bearing in mind that I have a GTecniq protective coating?

White spirit on a cotton bud - gently dissolve it. (Or phone the detailer for his wisdom)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 pm What's the best way of removing seriously sun-baked pine sap - bearing in mind that I have a GTecniq protective coating?

White spirit on a cotton bud - gently dissolve it. (Or phone the detailer for his wisdom)

Thanks Paul. M
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Pete

Post by Pete »

Last night I had an episode of doubt where I almost regretted spending quite so much of a car when I could have bought something cheaper (or stuck with the Evoque).

And then, this morning I drove the short, gently curving, country lane toward work and those doubts got swept away.

I also almost forgave PCM3 for being a bit crap.
Retired

Post by Retired »

goron59 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm
.... but spotted there's now an RS3 Saloon. Wife prefers a boot to a hatchback and I do like the 5-pot. I'm afraid to test drive it only to find it's still hugely disappointing dynamically.
Reviews suggest that it's better than previous incarnations. Hope so as I'm quite interested in getting one (hatchback in my case).

Will test drive one as soon as available.
happy days

Post by happy days »

They blew up a 911 at the end of Riviera!
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have been EVed, see my post on EV/hybrid test drives.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Invited to the PEC at Silvertone today with my wife to try The Macan, Cayenne and Panamera. About 20 or so people there split into 4 groups, 6 in our group. We chose the afternoon session as we had to drive there from Lincolnshire and didn't fancy a very early start or an overnight stay. We each had a car and instructor for the first session. I had a Cayenne S for a series of laps on the track, getting tips from my instructor and gradually building up speed, passed most cars on the track, I was encourage to really push the car. Next was a Macan Turbo on the skid pan, with the electronics fully on you could drive over the kicker plate with your hands off the wheel and it would correct itself remarkably quickly, you really struggled to make it spin. Even with the electronics fully off you really had to do something silly to spin it- honest - I tried quite hard! Then a few fast laps in the Macan Turbo. I hadn't driven this version before and was surprised how much extra grunt it has compared with my S version, passed everything on the track! After a tea break, the instructors took us on the Offroad track using petrol Cayenne S's, very impressive, pity we couldn't try driving it ourselves. Then it was trying a Macan up the skid hill and purposely provoking it into a skid, managed to leave the top of the hill completely broadside! Next it was swop to the Panamera for some fast laps round the track. The inside of the car and especially the dashboard was very impressive, but the car as a whole left me cold, too clinical for me, certainly would pick a Macan Turbo PP over a Panamera if I was going to spend that much money. Last session was a classroom one and fitness centre visit before having afternoon tea and hitting the road back to Lincolnshire. A good journey on the courtesy Cayenne S before I hopefully get my Macan back tomorrow after they have fitted the new PCM to cure my display problems, if it's not cured this time it's being rejected as they have previously replaced the wiring harness, then the drivers display unit and now the PCM.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pete wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:28 am Last night I had an episode of doubt where I almost regretted spending quite so much of a car when I could have bought something cheaper (or stuck with the Evoque).

And then, this morning I drove the short, gently curving, country lane toward work and those doubts got swept away.

I also almost forgave PCM3 for being a bit crap.
That is a pretty universal feeling.

Just wait until the withdrawl symptoms start after you have not driven the Macan for a couple of days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Milan Has Officially Banned Selfie Sticks - source Conde Nast.

Some good news then! 😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

bigbaldybloke wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm Invited to the PEC at Silvertone today with my wife to try The Macan, Cayenne and Panamera. About 20 or so people there split into 4 groups, 6 in our group. We chose the afternoon session as we had to drive there from Lincolnshire and didn't fancy a very early start or an overnight stay. We each had a car and instructor for the first session. I had a Cayenne S for a series of laps on the track, getting tips from my instructor and gradually building up speed, passed most cars on the track, I was encourage to really push the car. Next was a Macan Turbo on the skid pan, with the electronics fully on you could drive over the kicker plate with your hands off the wheel and it would correct itself remarkably quickly, you really struggled to make it spin. Even with the electronics fully off you really had to do something silly to spin it- honest - I tried quite hard! Then a few fast laps in the Macan Turbo. I hadn't driven this version before and was surprised how much extra grunt it has compared with my S version, passed everything on the track! After a tea break, the instructors took us on the Offroad track using petrol Cayenne S's, very impressive, pity we couldn't try driving it ourselves. Then it was trying a Macan up the skid hill and purposely provoking it into a skid, managed to leave the top of the hill completely broadside! Next it was swop to the Panamera for some fast laps round the track. The inside of the car and especially the dashboard was very impressive, but the car as a whole left me cold, too clinical for me, certainly would pick a Macan Turbo PP over a Panamera if I was going to spend that much money. Last session was a classroom one and fitness centre visit before having afternoon tea and hitting the road back to Lincolnshire. A good journey on the courtesy Cayenne S before I hopefully get my Macan back tomorrow after they have fitted the new PCM to cure my display problems, if it's not cured this time it's being rejected as they have previously replaced the wiring harness, then the drivers display unit and now the PCM.
Interesting write up Frank.

Similar to my own range day yet different.

If you liked the Turbo then the Turbo PP is in a different league again as it is the PP that I drove on the handling circuits.
Col
Macan Turbo