Jaguar E pace

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hmmm - interesting. 🤔

From the Autocar site, I note the E Pace will be built under licence by Magna Steyr in Austria. Don't know what the Chinese will make of that.

The Halewood factory is already running at maximum capacity.

The E Pace is expected to be the top selling Jag, with a six figure annual production volume predicted.

Like Porsche has become, Jaguar is expected to be primarily an SUV producer, selling more SUVs than saloons & sports cars combined... :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

How many more Jags can Magna Steyr produce? Already they are going to build the I Pace. Perhaps their new factory in Slovakia will take up the slack and give them more leeway after brexit.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Dandock wrote:Predictably China is the target - complete with their own factory. It's a cautionary tale, though.

Mrs D used to work for Mulberry, their bags etc being made in Somerset. With an ever increasing Chinese market and with a eye on the margins they opened a factory in China. Sales to the Chinese fell! At least as far as those products that were made there. They weren't interested in just having the brand they absolutely wanted the provenance. Mulberry closed China and expanded the UK facilities and sales recovered. The Chinese wanted British MADE IN BRITAIN.
When Bentley started making the Continental Flying Spur, the ones destined for Europe were completed at the Phaeton factory in Dresden. I think the Germans in particular liked the idea of craftsmanship such as leather and wood from Britain combined with some German engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.