Velar test drive

The place to discuss everything else..
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

andreas wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:46 pm Whilst I moan about Jag after sales service it pales into nothing compared to the lack of any quality of Sales Service at my local dealer, its so bad I will not even go into the dealership after three visits and being ignored three times.
One of our cars is a 2011 Freelander. A couple of years ago, I got an email from a market research company working for JLR, offering me £100 if I'd let them send a "mystery shopper" along with me next time the Freelander was serviced. So I said yes, and a month or so later the car was booked in for a routine service and that morning I met the mystery shopper guy in a car park near the LR dealership. He was kitted out with a covert video system. We went to the dealership, and he came in with me. We sat in the service reception and I introduced him as a friend who was going to give me a lift home. Only took a few minutes to book the car in, and we left, after agreeing that the car would be ready for collection at 5.30pm.

So, at 5.30pm I met the mystery shopper again, and he drove me back to the dealership. We went to service reception, sat down and I asked the service advisor if they'd found anything to comment on. "Oh," he said "we haven't looked at the car, been really busy today, we're stacked up with cars out the back. Can you bring it in again another day?"

The mystery shopper guy later told me he'd never experienced anything quite as bad, but was ecstatic about having videoed the exchange, as he said it would become notorious in the LR network!

And I still got my £100 cheque!
That sucks.

On one Jag service I sat facing the one person on the service desk at 17:00 for 1/2 hour whilst they were on the phone, there was quite a queue of other customers awaiting their turn to collect by the time I had my keys.

On another occasion it took them 3/4 hour to actually find my key, strangely they had the paperwork and bill ready.

As I have said before the worst was the car being off road for 3 weeks after a sensor failure and Jags inability to squeeze the car into their schedule for what would have been a 1/4 hour fix.

Mind you Audi was booked in for a service, I arrived the service guy said what mileage has it got and I said 15k he went out to the car and reset the service software and said it was set wrong and it would not need a service for another six months. Car traded in three months later.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I've no idea whether this is normal practice but JLR are currently offering vehicles not just to employees but to 'family members' at less 30%.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I must admit my experience of Jaguar dealers has been very good. Multiple faults with my early March 2007 Premium Luxury XF 2.7D followed by an April 2008 Portfolio 3.0D S kept them busy for two years :lol:
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Mrs Penguin

Post by Mrs Penguin »

Would never buy another LR product .... their customer service is the pits.
I bought an Evoque (used) a few years back. Arrived at the dealership on the day of collection, completed all the paperwork. So far so good. Once we had done the money bit the salesman put the keys on the desk said 'there you go, it's parked out front' and left me and my stunned husband to find the car ourselves. Not impressed. Ok so it was used but at £40K I expected more.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Very nice review.

I think there are a number of nice cars out there that fit the mould of what people are looking for. There are not many that excite which is what I believe you get with the Macan.
Remember the Macan is 3 years old so all these other manufacturer new model cars should be way ahead of the Macan. Maybe on Tech but still the competition lag behind in the sheer excitement of the drive.
The problem with the new Tech is it will bring all the problems (FPace for example).
I would love to consider Jag/ RR / LR but I just can't get away from the poor customer service and the reliability issues. No matter how much I love a car or product I have no interest in spending my time back at the dealer with problems. I am yet to find a friend / colleague who has owned a RR or LR who has not had multiple issues.

I don't need any more space than the Macan so I have no need to look elsewhere. If I did need extra space then I would have to consider some other manufacturers.
GTS 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Further to that; with Macan being 4 years old every other manufacturer has had the benefit of a target to aim at and a subject to reverse engineer. It will be interesting indeed to see what Porsche conjure up at the next round.

Another little smidgen from the ST was the slightly flippant remark about the e-land rover that's coming down the line and how the power source might limit it wading abilities - one of LR's traditional party tricks. So, just how would they waterproof the batteries or are EVs actually restricted in such circumstances?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I wonder which will come first, an electric Macan or an electric Velar.

https://futurism.com/porsches-ceo-just- ... tric-cars/
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

For sure it will be before 2020 because that's when the Chinese regs come into force that stipulate that half a manufacturer's range have some form of electric power involved.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Chinese regulations? Last time I was in China the factories were spewing out all sorts of smoke from multiple chimneys and on a clear day you could look directly at the sun.
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

There's no cause for alarm; I suspect these regulations will be as well received and respected as the current copyright regs😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465