goron59

Post by goron59 »

My thoughts exactly
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

At 300mm longer and 90mm wider than a Macan the XC90 is huge.

I would have to have a cutout in my garage doors to accomodate one as my available parking length is 200mm shorter than the length of the big Volvo.

As for parking in a City Centre car park, you would probably need to use two bays and put two tickets on the thing.

The thought of all that effortless power (mechanical and electrical) is very tempting though.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

XC90 is very large, but the XC60 is Macan sized with more interior space. We could make a good case for either, as city centre parking is a rare issue for us and our garage is plenty big enough, but I suspect the XC60 is a better fit for most of our daily needs. But the 90 would be great for fully loaded trips away and the rear seats recline, which the kids would like. I'm going to try one next week to see how it feels in real life to navigate such a large beast. The XC60 was fine in this respect. Easy to park with the 360 cameras and slim A pillars. View out of the back was surprisingly good too with an excellent rear view mirror.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Interesting piece on the XC60

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/new- ... exhibition

A photographer using the car's City Safe cameras to take photos for an exhibition.
Seems quite good at identifying people.

gallery_barbara_9.jpg

Deleted User 1874

Thanks for the link goron. One thing I learned from this is that the "City Safe" package with active steering etc is only currently available on the new XC60 and not on the XC90. I'm sure it will be added to the 90 soon, maybe in the '18 MY, but you can't spec it on the configurator yet. It looks like a very useful safety feature if it works as advertised.
Deleted User 1874

Review of XC60 T8 from TG:-

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/vol ... irst-drive

More positive than I expected on the hybrid power. I've noticed most hacks don't see the point in expensive hybrids like this and usually point to the diesel versions being more economic in the "real world". While that may well be true in total ownership cost, I'd much rather be driving the T8 version! I'm looking forward to a test drive next month when our local dealer gets their demo T8.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

As the TG report states:

"Will I want to?
Probably not. It handles better than you might expect for something so heavy, but it’s not going to frighten the Porsche Macan or Jaguar F-Pace."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
goron59

Post by goron59 »

But then goes on to say it doesn't matter.
Context.
Everything.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Review comes out ok. Reading the other reviews on it again very varied but not convinced it's an almost £60k car.
If it's your own money would you buy it or just not special enough?

Doubt any of the reviewers would pick it as a first choice with their own money.
GTS 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

IMO it's more special that than the Macan or Jag, but less fun. I want both but it doesn't exist.