1 year of Porsche ownership

The place to discuss everything else..
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

It's 12 months ago this week I moved from a very good Jag XFS 3lt Turbo Diesel with 275 horses to my first Porsche, an SD with 'only' 245 horses.

IMG_6003.jpg

I never noticed the shortfall in power but I did notice the higher fuel consumption and higher seating position and we liked it. The Jag was sold to WBAC for the best price I was offered. Being a Euro5 non Adblue engine I guess it's lost even more value. The SD stayed with me for 5000 miles and 5 months and was sold privately, again, for the best price I was offered so I could buy a new Macan.

IMG_6760.jpg

Having joined this forum when I bought the ex-demo SD from Silverstone. I devoured all the excellent information offered and wanted my 'own' spec new car. I collected my new S from Nottingham after an 11 week wait in good time to beat the VED rises. Have already done 5000 miles, mainly due to two Euroland drives, and am about to add another 3000 miles on another Euroland excursion.

IMG_8748.JPG

Am already considering Macan No3, and hoping the facelift offers enough to make a change worthwhile although I doubt it. There's room in the garage for £10K Boxter if I don't, only Mrs B to convince on that one. I've become a bit pf a Porsche bore and made a few changes to my car, all reversible at changeover time if need be.

DSC00226.jpg

Happy Macaneering!
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So what will Macan number 3 be then Frank?

The potential new Turbo 2.9 with 435 horses does sound good.

Hybrid, yes, if it ever comes but it would be a mark 1 version and maybe best left a year or so for all the bugs to be ironed out.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Is that Bentley yours too? :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm Am already considering Macan No3, and hoping the facelift offers enough to make a change worthwhile although I doubt it. There's room in the garage for £10K Boxter if I don't, only Mrs B to convince on that one.
Nice 12 month summary! :) I'll have to think about posting an "18 Months of Porsche Ownership" story! :lol:

If you are happy with your Macan S, I agree that the facelift will probably not offer a huge change. If you have the space and budget to run a second Porsche, I would certainly get a Boxster to team up with your current Macan. The Boxster for pure driving fun (maybe including on a track) and the Macan for everyday sporty practicality! :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:43 pm If you are happy with your Macan S, I agree that the facelift will probably not offer a huge change. If you have the space and budget to run a second Porsche, I would certainly get a Boxster to team up with your current Macan. The Boxster for pure driving fun (maybe including on a track) and the Macan for everyday sporty practicality! :geek:
+1 to that. A Boxster has got to be more fun overall than a new front grille and rear lights!
happy days

Post by happy days »

Peteski wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 am
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:43 pm If you are happy with your Macan S, I agree that the facelift will probably not offer a huge change. If you have the space and budget to run a second Porsche, I would certainly get a Boxster to team up with your current Macan. The Boxster for pure driving fun (maybe including on a track) and the Macan for everyday sporty practicality! :geek:
+1 to that. A Boxster has got to be more fun overall than a new front grille and rear lights!
Oh yes. It certainly is!
Macan S D
718 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great write up. I would be the same as the others and go for the Boxster.
Then in a few years time when the new Macan is available thats the time for Macan 3 :)

You may need to start talking to Mrs B and convince her.... 8-)

Enjoy the journey ;)
GTS 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am Great write up. I would be the same as the others and go for the Boxster.
Then in a few years time when the new Macan is available thats the time for Macan 3 :)

You may need to start talking to Mrs B and convince her.... 8-)

Enjoy the journey ;)
A good argument would be along the lines of a £10K Boxster would still be worth £10K in 3 years time providing you keep the mileage sensible and maintain it in top condition. If you trade up to a facelift Macan you are bound to lose out in comparison and facelift residuals are likely to suffer when the brand new Macan appears (well maybe, depends how good the new one is)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great write up and photos :D